|Zeitverlag Gerd Bucerius GmbH & Co. KG
|legal form||GmbH & Co. KG|
|management||Rainer Esser , Chairman of the Management Board|
|Number of employees||200 (domestic), 350 total|
Zeitverlag, founded under this name in 1972 (completely: Zeitverlag Gerd Bucerius GmbH & Co. KG ) is responsible for the publication of the weekly newspaper Die Zeit , which has existed since 1946.
With ZEIT Kunstverlag , based in Hamburg and Berlin, Zeitverlag has a wholly-owned subsidiary that u. a. publishes the magazine Weltkunst and the newspaper Art and Auctions , as well as occasionally also artists - Critical Lexicon of Contemporary Art . Another subsidiary is Tempus Corporate GmbH and, since 1988, the film production company Die Zeit TV GmbH with a 55% share . The publisher organizes around 150 events in the fields of politics, business, science and education every year.
Die Zeit since February 21, 1946, weekly (Thursdays, online eve)
- Zeit Wissen , since 2004, every two months
- Time history , since 2005, every two months
- Zeit Campus , since 2006, every two months
- Time Leo , since 2011, every two months
- Zeit Study Guide , since 2005, annually
- Time school guide , 2010–2011, annually
- Time School & Family , 2012–2013, annually
- Time crime , since 2018
- World art , 14 times a year
- Art and auctions , until 2008 under the title Antiquitäten-Zeitung , fortnightly or twenty-one days
- Time points , 1992-2004
Die Zeit - the lexicon in 20 volumes
Volumes 1–16 form the encyclopedic core with 145,000 key words based on the 15-volume Brockhaus encyclopedia supplemented with original articles from Der Zeit on important topics. Volumes 17-19 contain the German dictionary of contemporary German, which includes the vocabulary of around 250,000 words from the current three generations (parents, children, grandparents). Volume 20 contains around 5,000 expressions and quotations.
- World and cultural history in 20 volumes
- The junior lexicon in six volumes
On February 14, 1946, Gerd Bucerius , Lovis H. Lorenz , Richard Tüngel and Ewald Schmidt di Simoni received the license to publish the weekly newspaper from the British occupation authorities. On July 1, 1965, Bucerius founded “ Gruner + Jahr ” together with Richard Gruner and John Jahr senior , the second largest German press company at the time. On January 1, 1973, he transferred his shares to “Gruner + Jahr” of the newly founded Bertelsmann AG . In 1972, Die Zeit was separated from Bertelsmann AG and the new Zeitverlag was then founded.
Diether Stolze headed the publishing house from 1977 to 1982 . From 1985 onwards, Bucerius' partner Hilde von Lang (until 1990 together with Helmut Schmidt , who has been the publisher since then) managed the publishing house.
From July 1, 1996 Zeitverlag belonged to the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group . With effect from June 1, 2009 , Dieter von Holtzbrinck Medien GmbH (DvH Medien), newly founded by Dieter von Holtzbrinck, took over 50% of the shares. The remaining 50% of the capital is held by Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH & Co KG Zeitverlag Beteiligungsgesellschaft .
- 1946 First edition of Die Zeit in Hamburg. Founding editors: Gerd Bucerius , Lovis H. Lorenz , Richard Tüngel and Ewald Schmidt di Simoni
- 1968 Marion Dönhoff solves Josef Müller-Marein as editor in chief of Time
- 1970 Publication of the colored rotogravure supplement Zeit Magazin
- 1977 Diether Stolze becomes the publisher of the time, Gerd Bucerius remains the owner
- 1996 The Stuttgart publishing group Georg von Holtzbrinck acquires Zeit Verlag
- 2006 Publication of the student magazine " Zeit Campus "
- 2007 restart of ZEITmagazin
- 2010 Foundation of the subsidiary for corporate publishing " Tempus Corporate GmbH "
- 2010 Publication of the " Zeit Schulführer "
- 2010 The Rheinische Merkur appears as part of the special edition “ Christ & World ”
- 2011 Foundation of the training academy " Zeit Akademie "
In May 2012, the Jakob Fugger Medal of the Association of Bavarian Newspaper Publishers, one of the most prestigious German-language prizes for the magazine industry, was awarded for the first time not to an individual, but to the editors, publishers, managing directors, editors-in-chief and employees of the time .
- The time. Weekly newspaper for politics, business, knowledge and culture . Zeitverlag Bucerius, Hamburg 1946ff. (Appears weekly)
- Christian Haase, Axel Schildt (ed.): DIE ZEIT and the Bonn Republic. An opinion-forming weekly between rearmament and reunification . Göttingen 2008.
- Ralf Dahrendorf : Liberal and independent. Gerd Bucerius and his time. CH Beck, Munich 2000, ISBN 3-406-46474-2 .
- Mathias von der Heide, Christian Wagner: "Further to the right than the CDU". The first decade of "time". In: Lutz Hachmeister, Friedemann Sierung (ed.): The gentlemen journalists. The elite of the German press after 1945. CH Beck, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-406-47597-3 , pp. 165-184.
- Karl-Heinz Janßen, Haug von Kuenheim , Theo Sommer (ed.): THE TIME. History of a weekly newspaper from 1946 to the present day. Siedler, Berlin 2006, ISBN 3-88680-847-5 .
- profile ( Memento from May 31, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- KEK media database - Zeitverlag Gerd Bucerius GmbH & Co KG . In: kek-online.de . 2016. Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- Presumably with DvH as general partner with management authority and GvH as limited partner of the KG , but this still needs to be checked using the commercial register. - ~~~~
- Die Zeit TV GmbH filmportal.de
- The ANTIQUITÄTEN ZEITUNG becomes KUNST und AUKTIONEN. In: DNV online. January 4, 2008, accessed November 15, 2019 .
- Zeit-Verlag gives Antiques-Zeitung a new name. In: wuv.de . January 4, 2008, accessed November 15, 2019 .
- Art and auctions. In: weltkunst.de . Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- Alexander Smoltczyk: The signs of the times . In: Der Spiegel . No. 5 , 1998 ( online - a look behind the scenes of this phase of change).
- Report to Zeit-Online, March 26, 2009; Change of power in the Holtzbrinck family ( memento from November 22, 2013 in the Internet Archive ), meedia.de, March 26, 2009
- Bayerisches Fernsehen - Rundschau: Fugger Medal: Award for “Die Zeit” ( Memento from February 8, 2013 in the Internet Archive ).
- Bild.de: Fugger Medal for “Die Zeit” , accessed on February 6, 2016.