|Branch||Online health portal|
NetDoktor.de is a German online health portal that offers medical knowledge and health information from experts for lay people.
NetDoktor provides information on diseases, symptoms , examination and treatment methods and laboratory values. The portal reports on the most common widespread diseases in the form of online articles . In addition, users can find information on topics such as nutrition, personal hygiene, sport, the desire to have children, contraception or pregnancy in dictionaries and guides. In addition, interactive elements such as a symptom checker, medical self-tests and quizzes, apps such as the BMI calculator or a pollen forecast are offered. Another area is the NetDoktor community, where registered members exchange information on health topics. Use of the content offered is free of charge.
In 1997, the Danish doctor Carl Brandt and the journalist Rune Bech from the magazine “ Politiken ” founded the health portal NetDoktor in Denmark. The concept for the website is based on Brandt's research on the influence of communication between doctor and patient. Brandt's work was one of the first to show that the way doctors communicate information is just as important as the information itself: Smokers were significantly more likely to be induced to abstain if their doctors told them about their "smoker's lungs" instead of them Use the term " chronic bronchitis ". Together with the journalist Rune Bech from the Danish magazine “Politiken”, Brandt developed the concept for the website within a few weeks. Their goal: to give everyone access to up-to-date and, above all, understandable medical information. In June 1998 NetDoktor went online in Denmark, the German version of NetDoktor followed in 1999. The concept was also exported to Norway, Austria ( netdoktor.at ), Sweden and Great Britain. In July 2007 NetDoktor.de was bought by Holtzbrinck eLAB GmbH, a subsidiary of the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group . With the revision of the website in September 2008, large-scale images and info boxes were integrated, content was bundled and the topic of “healthy living” was introduced. In a new relaunch in May 2012, the focus was on linking editorial health information with interactive, user-generated content. On November 29, 2012, the first NetDoktor magazine was published as a print medium in Germany.
According to the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Online Forschung eV, NetDoktor is one of Germany's leading online health portals with 7.53 million unique users and has a Google PageRank of 6 (as of February 2014). In February 2017 NetDoktor.de recorded more than 6.9 million visits. According to its own information, the NetDoktor.de community consists of 58,000 members who exchange views on health issues in 112,000 discussions and more than 480,000 contributions (as of September 2013).
The NetDoktor.de editorial team consists of four permanent and several freelance editors and one volunteer. The editor-in-chief is Jens Richter. The editorial team is supported by external employees.
The information from NetDoktor.de is based on scientific sources, for example medical guidelines and studies as well as information from specialist societies, universities or institutions such as the Robert Koch Institute. NetDoktor.de works according to his own statements according to the guidelines of "evidence-based medicine" ( Evidence Based Medicine ). NetDoktor.de follows the HONcode (Health On the Net Foundation) standard for health information on the Internet. The portal achieved the quality rating “Good” (2.5) in the 6/2009 issue of the “test” magazine of the consumer organization Stiftung Warentest . In May 2013 NetDoktor.de was awarded the PrimeSite seal of the Association of German Magazine Publishers.
Projects and Cooperations
In cooperation with Deutsche Telekom , NetDoktor opened the mydoc health portal in August 2012 . NetDoktor works with numerous private health insurance companies and is responsible for the content of their common health portal.
- Carl J. Brandt, Hanne Ellegaard, Maria Joensen, Frederik V Kallan, Anne D Sorknaes, Lars Tougaard: Effect of diagnosis of “smoker's lung”. In: The Lancet. 349, 1997, p. 253, doi: 10.1016 / S0140-6736 (05) 64863-5 .
- NetDoktor.de - About us
- Patient portals on the Internet. Health at the click of a mouse (PDF; 89 kB), med-online 01/2009
- HealthcareMarketing.eu, September 17, 2008: "NetDoktor revises its appearance"
- HealthcareMarketing.eu, May 24, 2012: “Edelweiss 72 doctored NetDoktor”
- Horizont.net: "From the net to the kiosk: How“ NetDoktor ”wants to defy the print crisis. "
- W&V: "Holtzbrinck subsidiary NetDoktor starts print magazine".
- AGOF offer ranking December 2016
- IVW designation February 2017
- The NetDoktor.de team
- Stiftung Warentest: "The best health portals on the web"
- New PrimeSite seal of approval: 56 websites certified as top online advertising media ( memento of the original from September 9, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Imprint of Gesundheitsportal-privat.de