Stars and space
|Stars and space|
|description||Astronomy and space exploration magazine|
|publishing company||Spectrum of Science Publishing Company ( Germany )|
|Frequency of publication||per month|
|Sold edition||15,627 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020)|
|Widespread edition||16,015 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020)|
|editor||Matthias Bartelmann , Thomas Henning|
|executive Director||Markus Bossle|
It appears monthly in the Spektrum der Wissenschaft Verlagsgesellschaft mbH. In it, experts and amateurs describe both current and fundamental research topics and what is happening in space . Anyone who pursues the hobby of amateur astronomy and wants to observe the sun , moon , planets , stars and deep-sky objects will receive detailed instructions. The editor-in-chief is Andreas Müller . The sold circulation is 15,627 copies, a decrease of 1.4 percent since 1998.
The magazine, which was founded in 1962 by Hans Elsässer , Rudolf Kühn and Karl Schaifers , is published monthly at the Haus der Astronomie in Heidelberg . It first appeared in the Bibliographisches Institut in Mannheim , later in the Stern und Weltraum publishing house in Düsseldorf and Munich, and since 1996 in Heidelberg (initially in Hüthig GmbH , since 2001 in Spektrum der Wissenschaft Verlagsgesellschaft mbH ). On January 1, 1997, stars and space were combined with the magazine Die Sterne , which has been published since 1921, while retaining the name. With the May 2008 issue, the magazine Astronomie heute was integrated into stars and space . Several traditional astronomy journals have gone up in stars and space , and stars and space is the oldest of all popular science journals still published in Germany today.
Since 1997, special issues such as specials and dossiers have been published at irregular intervals , offering in-depth insights into a specific topic. Little by little, these special issues provide a comprehensive overall picture of astronomy and the exploration of the universe. As the successor to the calendar for Sternfreunde first published in 1948, Ahnert's Astronomical Yearbook was published from 2001 to 2014 by the Verlag Spektrum der Wissenschaft Verlagsgesellschaft mbH . From 2015, its content was largely integrated into SuW.
Together with the House of Astronomy , the SuW editors (Tilmann Althaus, Martin Neumann, Axel M. Quetz (Senior Editor), Diane Düe (Assistant)) run the Science in Schools project! , which provides didactic materials for teachers and students.
- Stars and space . Verlag Sterne und Weltraum, Mannheim-Munich 1.1962, 1 ff., Spectrum of Science Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Heidelberg 2001 ff.
- The stars . Barth, Leipzig-Heidelberg-Berlin 1.1921, 1 ff.
- Uwe Reichert : Stars and Space - The changing role of a magazine for knowledge transfer . In: G. Wolfschmidt (ed.): Popularization of astronomy . Nuncius Hamburgensis - Contributions to the History of Natural Sciences, Volume 41. tredition GmbH, Hamburg 2017, pp. 480–499
- Editor-in-chief of Stars and Space. In: Spektrum der Wissenschaft Verlagsgesellschaft mbH. 2019, accessed June 2, 2019 .
- according to IVW ( details on ivw.eu )
- Reichert: Stars and Space - The changing role of a magazine for knowledge transfer. 2017, p. 486
- Ahnert / Calendar for Star Friends | Maps, software, literature | Astronomie.de. Retrieved October 4, 2016 .
- Website of the Science in Schools project! Retrieved March 7, 2018