Argon Publishing House
|Argon Publishing House
|management||Kilian Kissling (Management)|
|Number of employees||9|
|Branch||Audio book and Radio play productions|
In 1952, Argon Verlag was founded as a subsidiary of the Berliner Tagesspiegel . The publisher was supposed to supply “the disaffected Berliners with languishing romance novels and the comforting traditional values from the pen of self-confident aristocrats”. In the mid-1980s, Argon was reactivated as a Berlin cultural publisher and published works by the theater critic Alfred Kerr , among others .
In 1995 Argon Verlag was taken over by the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group together with Nicolaische Verlagsbuchhandlung and then presented Berlin books, the main focus of which was on the service area with illustrated books and city guides. Under the umbrella of S. Fischer Verlag , which also belongs to the Holtzbrinck Group, Argon Verlag gave up its connection to Berlin in 1998 and thus also lost its profile.
On January 1, 2005, S. Fischer Verlag made the decision not to publish any more books under the Argon label.
Still belonging to the Holtzbrinck group, in 2005 Argon Verlag became a pure audio book publisher with a focus on literary readings.
The publishing program mainly includes current top titles from German book publishers, but also audio books of classical works and unabridged stories from world literature. It is divided into the areas
- Romantic fantasy
- Audiobooks for children and young people
- Tommy Jaud : Remaining vacation (read by Christoph Maria Herbst ) and Hummeldumm (read by the author himself)
- Philip Reeve : Mortal Engines - War of the Cities , Chase Through Ice, and The Green Storm (read by Robert Frank )
- David Safier : Jesus loves me (read by Anna Thalbach and Detlef Bierstedt ) and Suddenly Shakespeare (read by Anneke Kim Sarnau and Christoph Maria Herbst)
- Ralf Schmitz : Schmitz's cat (read by the author)
- Simon Beckett : corpse pallor (read by Johannes Steck )
- Jilliane Hoffman : Our Father (read by Andrea Sawatzki )
- Cecelia Ahern : I'll write to you again tomorrow (read by Josefine Preuss )
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón : The Angel's Game (read by Gerd Wameling ) and The Prince of Fog (read by Rufus Beck )
- Jane Austen : Pride and Prejudice (read by Eva Mattes )
- Ernst Gombrich : A Brief World History for Young Readers (read by Christoph Waltz )
- Diary of Anne Frank (read by Fritzi Haberlandt ) as well
- Jay Kristoff: Nevernight - The Trial and The Game (read by Robert Frank )
- the successful vampire series by Lara Adrian , Katie MacAlister and MaryJanice Davidson
Radio play soap
Argon Verlag has been publishing the "radio play soap " since summer 2007 ... and love by the way . Prominent speakers include Oliver Rohrbeck , Judy Winter , Oliver Kalkofe , Dorkas Kiefer , Julia Biedermann and Dieter Landuris .
DAISY audio books
The argon daisy edition has been published since October 2008 : over 100 titles by the publisher have already been published in the new format of the DAISY audio book .