Detlef Bierstedt (born June 10, 1952 in Berlin ) is a German actor , dubbing and radio play speaker . His voice is best known through numerous dubbing by the actors George Clooney , Bill Pullman , John C. Reilly , Stellan Skarsgård , John Carroll Lynch , Michael McGrady and Jonathan Frakes . He also occasionally dubbed Jason Alexander and Robert Englund .
He is the father of Marie Bierstedt , who also works as a radio play and voice actor.
Live and act
Theater, film and television
Detlef Bierstedt completed his acting training at the Ernst Busch Academy of Dramatic Arts in East Berlin from 1973 to 1976 and received his first stage engagement at the Hans Otto Theater in Potsdam . Further engagements followed at the State Drama Theaters in Berlin , including appearances in the stands and at the Renaissance Theater . In addition, Bierstedt played various supporting roles in DEFA and DFF films.
His move to West Germany in 1985 was followed by guest roles in television series. He played the recurring role of Brinkmann jr in Three Ladies from the Grill . as well as in Edel & Starck , Alarm for Cobra 11 - The Autobahn Police , Bülowbogen Practice , Der Hausgeist , Berlin Mitte Clinic - Life in Readiness and Peter Strohm . In early 2010 he took on the role of Kimmo Kankunnen in Anna und die Liebe . In the TV series Babylon Berlin , which has been broadcast since 2017, he embodies the Lord Mayor of Berlin, Gustav Boess .
Bierstedt achieved fame primarily through his film synchronization work . Since 1978 he has been used as a speaker in over a thousand productions. In addition to Martin Umbach , Bierstedt is repeatedly cast with the voice of George Clooney, including in all episodes of the hospital series Emergency Room - Die Notaufnahme (1995-2009) or in cinema productions such as Batman & Robin (1997), Project: Peacemaker (1997), The Narrow Grat (1998) and O Brother, Where Art Thou? - A Mississippi Odyssey (2000). In addition, he lends his voice to prominent colleagues such as Bill Pullman (including Casper and Independence Day ), John C. Reilly (including Gangs of New York and Aviator ) or Robert Englund in parts 1, 4 and 5 of the Nightmare series as well in their branch Freddy vs. Jason .
Bierstedt can also be heard in numerous series leading roles, including for Jonathan Frakes as Commander Riker in Spaceship Enterprise - The Next Century and in X-Factor - The Incredible , for Richard Biggs in Babylon 5 , for Jason Alexander as George Costanza in Seinfeld (1995– 2000), for Stephen Collins as Eric Camden in A Heavenly Family , for Skipp Sudduth as John Sullivan in Third Watch , for Chi McBride as Steven Harper in Boston Public , for Mark Addy as Bill Miller in Still Standing and for Peter Stormare in the role of John Abruzzi in Prison Break . He also lends his voice to CIA agent and family man Stanley "Stan" Smith in the animated series American Dad and Yusaku Kudo in Detective Conan . Furthermore, Bierstedt spoke the "creator" in the game Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for Nintendo 3DS , which was released in March 2014. In 2016 he took over the voice of Simon Brezhnev in the anime series Durarara !! ( Drrr !! ). In 2016, he lent British actor Ben Abell his German voice in Victoria for the role of Rowland Hill . Most recently he dubbed the role of Stellan Skarsgård as Bill Anderson in the British-American film musical Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018).
In addition to his work in the dubbing studio, Detlef Bierstedt also works as a speaker for radio plays, audio books, documentaries and commercials. Fans of the radio play series Die Drei ??? know his voice from the episodes 118 The gloomy legacy and 165 Im Schatten des Giganten as well as from the live staging of the debut episode Der Superparagei on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the radio play series, during which he played several roles in the Hamburg Color Line Arena in 2004 Guest speaker appeared. Since 2000 Bierstedt lends his voice to the journalist Bill Connolly in the new edition of ghost hunter John Sinclair ; since 2005 he can be heard alongside his daughter Marie Bierstedt, who is also active in the dubbing and radio play business, in a fixed role in the mystery radio play series Revelation 23 . In the Sherlock Holmes series of Titania Medien he took on the role of Dr. Watson . In 2006 Bierstedt appeared alongside colleagues such as Torsten Michaelis , David Nathan and Oliver Rohrbeck in a staged reading of the radio play version of Bram Stoker's classic novel Dracula in Berlin, Hamburg and Essen, produced by Lauscherlounge Records .
As an audio book interpreter, Bierstedt set to music several novels by Dick Francis , Wolf Serno and Rebecca Gablé , including The King of the Purple City , The Second Kingdom and The Game of Kings , as well as Diabolus by Dan Brown . Further extensive readings by him are the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child from volume 5, the previous 7 volumes of the fantasy novel series Die Feuerreiter His Majesty by Naomi Novik , the cycles Hyperion / Endymion and Ilium / Olympos and other novels by Dan Simmons , all (or almost all) previous audiobooks by Brandon Sanderson (9 volumes, except the wheel-of-time degree taken over by R. Jordan), Neal Stephenson (5 novels, total playing time 172 hours!), Bernhard Hennens Dragon Elf cycle from part 2, Harlan Coben (16 volumes + 11 abridged versions, Bierstedt's favorite own audio books), Glenn Meade (5 unabridged), Alex Berg (6 novels), Alex Berenson and Stuart MacBride , and Metro 2033 / Metro 2034 by Dmitry Glukhovsky . In the computer game adaptation of the same name , he also set the main character Artyom to music. He also lent his voice to Dr. Nathan Gould, one of the protagonists in the video game Crysis 2 (2011). In 2009, Bierstedt read the historical novel Drood by Dan Simmons . The reading, which lasts over 29 hours, is only available in full as a download from Audible .
- 2009: Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky , DAV , ISBN 978-3-89813-852-9 .
- 2009: Metro 2034 by Dmitry Glukhovsky, DAV, ISBN 978-3-89813-886-4 .
- 2009: Diabolus by Dan Brown ( platinum ), Germany: Audiobook Award
- 2009: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown ( Gold ), Germany: Audiobook Award
- 2012: The small souvenir shop assistant of François Lelord , OSTERWOLDaudio, Hörbuch Hamburg , ISBN 978-3-86952-108-4 .
- 2012: Unter Feinden by Georg M. Oswald , audio book Hamburg, ISBN 978-3-86952-120-6 .
- 2012: Operation Romanow by Glenn Meade , Lübbe Audio Cologne, unabridged 6 CDs 1052 min., ISBN 978-3-7857-4539-7 .
- 2012: Project Wintermond by Glenn Meade, Audible GmbH, MP3 download, unabridged 717 min.
- 2013: Storm Sounds by Brandon Sanderson, Random House Audio, ISBN 978-3-8371-2129-2 .
- 2014: Solaris by Stanisław Lem , audio book Hamburg, ISBN 978-3-89903-913-9 .
- 2015: Mädchenjäger by Paul Finch, OSTERWOLDaudio, ISBN 978-3-86952-263-0 .
- 2015: Pied Piper by Paul Finch, OSTERWOLDaudio, ISBN 978-3-86952-264-7 .
So far, two parts of the storm light chronicles and four parts of the Mistborn series (German title: Die Nebelgeboren ) have been published in German by Audible. These are full readings of the German books.
- Children of the Mist (Mistborn 1)
- Warrior of Fire (Mistborn 2)
- Lord of Light (Mistborn 3)
- Raiders of Power (Mistborn 4)
- The Way of the Kings (The Stormlight Chronicles 1)
- The Path of the Winds (The Stormlight Chronicles 2)
- The Words of Light (The Stormlight Chronicles 3)
- The Storms of Wrath (The Stormlight Chronicles 4)
Radio plays & audio books
- 1982: ETA Hoffmann : If you love a nutcracker (Fritz) - Director: Christa Kowalski (children's radio play - radio of the GDR )
- 1983: Werner Heiduczek : Jana and the little star (cosmonaut) - Director: Uwe Haacke (children's radio play - radio of the GDR)
- 1993: Mario Göpfert : Die Mondblume - Director: Peter Groeger ( DS Kultur )
- 2006–2007 (complete publication 2007): Star Wars : Labyrinth des Böse ( radio play , based on the novel by James Luceno ) as Travale , - ISBN 978-3-8291-2087-6 - written and directed by Oliver Döring
- since 2004: Arthur Conan Doyle : Sherlock Holmes (radio play series under the title 'Krimi-Klassiker' started) - Director: Marc Gruppe (Titania Medien)
- 2007: Harlan Coben : No Mortal Word (Audible)
- 2008: Harlan Coben: No Second Chances (Audible)
- 2010: Neal Stephenson : Diamond Age: The Frontier World (Audible)
- 2008: Harlan Coben: No Peace to the Dead (Audible)
- 2009: Star Trek Titan: A New Era (Audible)
- 2010: Star Trek Titan: The Red King (Audible)
- 2010: Star Trek Titan: The Dogs of Orion (Audible)
- 2010: Star Trek Titan: Sword of Damocles (Audible)
- 2012: Star Trek Titan: Stormy Seas (Audible)
- 2012: Star Trek Titan: Synthesis (Audible)
- 2012: Glenn Meade: Operation Snow Wolf (Audible)
- 2013: Harlan Coben: The Grave in the Forest (Audible)
- 2013: Harlan Coben: In his hands
- 2014: Star Trek Titan: Fallen Gods (Audible)
- 2014: Pierre Boulle : Planet of the Apes ( audio book , Audible exclusive)
- 2014: Harlan Coben: I'll find you
- 2016: Harlan Coben: I'm silent for you
- 2017: Star Trek Titan: Out of Darkness (Audible)
- 2018: Harlan Coben: On your behalf
- 1978: Ursula (TV)
- 1979: Encrypted to boss - failure no.5
- 1979: Laughing pigeons don't cry
- 1979: The executioner's brother
- 1980: Archives of Death (TV)
- 1980: The fiancée
- 1980: The long ride to school
- 1982: Your unknown brother
- 1982: The public prosecutor has the floor - I am Joop van der Dalen (TV series)
- 1983: Olle Henry
- 1983: Somebody Goes to the Dogs (TV Movie)
- 1983: The airship
- 1983: Zille and ick
- 1984: Front Without Mercy (TV series)
- 1985: Three Ladies on the Grill (TV series)
- 1986: What had to be proven
- 1987: Käthe Kollwitz - Pictures of a Life
- 1989: The whiz kid
- 1990: The double Nötzli
- 1992: House by the lake
- 1994: Police Call 110: Dead Track (TV series)
- 1994: Wolffs Revier - My father builds the bomb (TV series)
- 1998: Hello, Uncle Doc! - Terror at School (TV series)
- 1998: Alarm for Cobra 11 - The Autobahn Police : Between the Fronts (TV series)
- 2001: Tatort: Cloudy Water (TV series)
- 2001: Jimmy Neutron - The Brave Inventor ( Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius , voice)
- 2002: In the sights of the civil investigators - Terror Inc. (TV series)
- 2003: The treacherous heart
- 2003: Crime scene: rosewood
- 2003: Rosa Roth - Thoughts Are Free (TV series)
- 2004: The man with the white beard
- 2004: beautiful widows kiss better
- 2005: Crime scene: shortness of breath
- 2005: fed up
- 2009: Notruf Hafenkante - Tough Boys (TV series)
- 2010: Anna and Love (TV series)
- 2011: Beate Uhse - The right to love
- 2014: Two Films About Loneliness (short film, voice)
- 2014: SOKO Wismar - blank cartridges
- 2017: Babylon Berlin (TV series, 3 episodes)
- 1977: Günter Schubert : Olle Henry (Robert Sterling) - Director: Gerd Staiger ( Hans Otto Theater Potsdam )
- Official website of Detlef Bierstedt
- Interview with Detlef Bierstedt about his work as a voice actor
- Literature by and about Detlef Bierstedt in the catalog of the German National Library
- Detlef Bierstedt in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Detlef Bierstedt in the German dubbing index
- Detlef Bierstedt's voice can be heard on the agency website Media-Paten.com
- Detlef Bierstedt in an exclusive interview with Audible
- ↑ Overview page on reviews of radio plays with Detlef Bierstedt
- ↑ Detlef Bierstedt reads Drood from Dan Simmons
- ↑ Gold / platinum database of the Federal Music Industry Association , December 10, 2015
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor and voice actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 10, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin , German Democratic Republic|