Eva Mattes (born December 14, 1954 in Tegernsee ) is a German - Austrian actress . She has been known since the 1970s as one of the most important actresses in New German Cinema and as a stage actress on the major German-speaking stages. On television, she played Tatort commissioner Klara Blum from 2002 to 2016 . Eva Mattes is also a speaker in many radio plays and audio books as well as a voice actor and has appeared as a chanson singer since 2006.
Eva Mattes is the daughter of the actress Margit Symo and the film composer Willy Mattes and was already active in the film and theater business as a student. At first she was announced as "Evi Mattes". She worked as a voice actress for children's series. So she lent the voice of the main character Timmy in Lassie and spoke the role of Pippi Longstocking in the television series of the same name . She also sang the well-known theme song Hey, Pippi Longstocking in the German version.
Mattes says he has never attended drama school and has no school education. With Michael Verhoeven she shot ok , the scandal film of the Berlinale 1970 . This anti-Vietnam war film ensured that the Berlinale ended without a prize winner after the jury resigned. After gaining experience in film, Mattes was engaged at the Deutsches Schauspielhaus in Hamburg in 1972 , where she celebrated a sensational premiere with the play Stallerhof .
She played plays by Shakespeare and Ibsen in Hamburg and made films such as Stroszek , The bitter tears of Petra von Kant and the literary film adaptation of Woyzeck based on Georg Büchner . Its directors were Peter Zadek , Rainer Werner Fassbinder and Werner Herzog . Particularly noteworthy is her performance as Lene in Helma Sanders-Brahms ' film Germany, pale mother from 1980. In Werner - Beinhart! she said to Mrs. Hansen .
In 1994/1995 she was on the board of directors of the Berliner Ensemble for ten months .
She has a daughter together with the director Werner Herzog, Hanna Mattes (* 1980), with whom she played a mother-daughter team in the 1992 film Das Sommeralbum . Her son Josef Mattes , born in 1989, is also an actor. She was seen together with him in 2003 in the Tatort episode Der Schächter . She lives with the father of her son, the Austrian artist Wolfgang Georgsdorf , in Berlin. In 2011 she published her memories in book form under the title We Can't All Be Like Berta .
- 1971: Filmband in Gold as best young actress for her achievements in ok and Mathias Kneissl
- 1973: Film tape in gold as an actress in The bitter tears of Petra von Kant and Wildwechsel
- 1979: International Cannes Film Festival 1979 : Award for Best Supporting Actress in Woyzeck
- 1982: Bavarian Film Prize as an actress in Celeste
- 1983: German Actor Award
- 1987: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2000: Actor Award of the Valenciennes International Film Festival for Otomo
- 2002: German Film Prize in Gold as a supporting actress in Das Sams
- 2018: Special Lifetime Achievement Prize at the German Audio Book Prize
- 1967: The Day the Children Disappeared (TV)
- 1969: All dogs love Theobald - Struppi and the little brother
- 1970: ok
- 1970: love under 17
- 1970: The Commissioner - The Paper Flower Killer
- 1970: The Commissioner - Parking Lot Hyenas
- 1970: Mathias Kneißl
- 1971: Touches (TV)
- 1972: The bitter tears of Petra von Kant
- 1972: Deer crossing
- 1972: Eight hours are not a day (TV series)
- 1973: supermarket
- 1972–1974: Fontane Effi Briest
- 1973: Real Estate (TV)
- 1973: Disaster (TV)
- 1973: Love suffers with lust (TV)
- 1974: In camera (TV series)
- 1975: The execution
- 1976: Born for Hell
- 1976: A thousand songs without sound (TV)
- 1977: Stroszek
- 1977: Women in New York (TV)
- 1978: In a year with 13 moons
- 1978: Schluchtenflitzer
- 1978: Union of the Firm Hand (TV)
- 1978: Woyzeck
- 1979: David
- 1979: Germany, pale mother
- 1979: Eva Mattes: Questions to Mother (TV documentary)
- 1981: Sons die before fathers (TV)
- 1981: Céleste
- 1982: poisoned or unemployed? (TV game)
- 1982: Schubart and Franziska von Hohenheim (TV)
- 1982: Small characters
- 1983: The wild fifties
- 1983: Dear Melanie (TV)
- 1983: Rita Rita / Rita Ritter
- 1984: a man like EVA
- 1986: forever and ever
- 1988: Felix
- 1988: lint
- 1989: autumn milk
- 1989: Electro-Paralysis - A film against powerlessness
- 1990: The Merchant of Venice (TV)
- 1992: The summer album
- 1993: The cinema narrator
- 1993: Motzki (TV series)
- 1995: The Promise
- 1995: The Serpentine Dancer (TV)
- 1995: Sleep brother
- 1996: Jugofilm
- 1997: The Scream of Love (TV)
- 1998: Widows - Marriage Then Pleasure
- 1998: And all because of mom (TV)
- 1999: Otomo
- 1999: My Favorite Enemy (Documentary)
- 1999: The bouquet box
- 2000: Tatort - The Black Knight
- 2000: Salamander
- 2001: Heavenly Heroes
- 2001: Duel - Enemy at the Gates
- 2001: The Sams
- 2001: Suck My Dick
- 2002: Goebbels and Geduldig
- 2003: The color of the soul
- 2003: Sams in danger
- 2002: Police call 110 - bride in black
- 2002–2016: The scene of the crime as detective inspector Klara Blum, see Blum and Perlmann
- 2004: The Threepenny Opera (TV)
- 2004: Why is Mr. V. running amok?
- 2004: Franz
- 2009: Lippel's dream
- 2010: Mahler on the couch
- 2010: Nobody is lost (TV)
- 2010: Happiness is a Cat (TV)
- 2012: Rosas Welt - 70 new films by Rosa von Praunheim
- 2012: Sams in luck
- 2014: Murder on Höllengrund
- since 2015: Lena Lorenz (TV series)
- 2018: Bella Germania
- 2019: Leberkäsjunkie
- 2020: Last Trace Berlin - Episode: Calls
- 2020: Long live the queen
- Margaret Forster : I'm waiting for something to happen . Arche Verlag, 2005.
- Christine Brückner : Manure and Levkojen. Random House Audio, 2005, ISBN 3-89830-969-X .
- Language of love. Spv Recordings, 2006.
- Christine Brückner: The Poenichen Trilogy. Random House Audio, 2007, ISBN 978-3-86604-692-4 .
- And above us the sky: Eva Mattes reads and sings poems and chansons. Audiobook Hamburg, 2009, ISBN 978-3-89903-647-3 .
- Jane Austen : Anne Elliot. Audiobook Hamburg, 2010, ISBN 978-3-89903-696-1 .
- Eva Mattes: We can't all be like Berta. Memories. Audiobook Hamburg, 2011, ISBN 978-3-89903-689-3 .
- Javier Marías : The mortally in love. Argon-Verlag, Hr2-kultur , Kulturradio , 2012, ISBN 978-3-8398-1165-8 .
- Judith Lennox : One day in winter. Audiobook Hamburg, 2012, ISBN 978-3-86952-129-9 .
- Else Holmelund Minarik : The little bear. Silberfisch, 2013, ISBN 978-3-86742-534-6 .
- Yasmina Reza : Happy the lucky ones. Audiobook Hamburg, 2014, ISBN 978-3-89903-893-4 .
- Harper Lee : Who disturbs the nightingale ... Argon Verlag, 2015, ISBN 978-3-8398-1389-8 .
- Luis Sepúlveda : The slow way to happiness. Sauerländer audio, 2015, ISBN 978-3-8398-4708-4 .
- Astrid Lindgren : Humanity has lost its mind . Audiobook Hamburg, 2015, ISBN 978-3-95713-019-8 .
- Astrid Lindgren: I lived too! Audiobook Hamburg, 2017, ISBN 978-3-86909-225-6 .
- Jane Austen : Mind and Emotion . Argon Verlag, 2010, ISBN 978-3-8398-9011-0 .
- Jane Austen: Emma . Argon Verlag, 2013, ISBN 978-3-8398-9164-3 .
- Jane Austen: Northanger Abbey . Argon Verlag, 2014, ISBN 978-3-8398-9215-2 .
- Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice . Argon Verlag, 2009, ISBN 978-3-86610-826-4 .
- Jane Austen: Mansfield Park . Argon Verlag, 2014, ISBN 978-3-8398-1323-2 .
- Jane Gardam: A faithful woman. Audiobook Hamburg, 2016, ISBN 978-3-86952-165-7 .
- Tanja Langer: The day is bright, I am writing to you USM Audio, 2019, ISBN 978-3-8032-9209-4 .
- “We can't all be like Berta”. Memories. Ullstein, Berlin 2011. (Paperback, ibid. 2013, ISBN 978-3-548-37468-0 )
- “We can't all be like Berta”. Memories . Audio book. Audiobook Hamburg, Hamburg 2011, ISBN 978-3-89903-689-3 , 6 CDs (468 min. - abridged reading), read by the author.
- Official website of Eva Mattes
- Agency profile at the Studlar agency, accessed on August 3, 2020
- Eva Mattes in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Eva Mattes at filmportal.de
- Literature by and about Eva Mattes in the catalog of the German National Library
- Eva Mattes in conversation with Hans Oechsner. (PDF; 50 kB) BR-online 2001
- Eva Mattes in the German dubbing file
- Eva Mattes on February 11, 2014 in the 3sat broadcast Berlinale-Studio (3/6) in an interview with Max Moor
- Hans Michael Bock: Lexicon Film Actors International. Henschel Verlag, Berlin 1995, ISBN 3-89487-199-7 , p. 561.
- Eva Mattes in the HR2 broadcast Doppel-Kopf on February 22, 2012.
- Eva Mattes remains director at the Berliner Ensemble. In: Berliner Zeitung , March 16, 1995; “It was also Zadek who brought Mattes to the board of directors of the Berliner Ensemble in 1994 - as a buffer between management and operations. However, she resigned after a year… ” Eva Mattes. Stage berserk with grip on the ground. @ br.de; "End expected" . In: Der Spiegel , June 19, 1995, accessed May 7, 2019
- Harper Lee: Whoever disturbs the nightingale ... argon-verlag.de
- Luis Sepúlveda: The slow way to happiness argon-verlag.de
- Understanding and Feeling (Special Edition) - Argon Audiobook. In: argon-verlag.de. Retrieved March 29, 2016 .
- Emma (special edition) - Argon audio book. In: argon-verlag.de. Retrieved March 29, 2016 .
- Northanger Abbey (Special Edition) - Argon Audiobook. In: argon-verlag.de. Retrieved March 29, 2016 .
- Pride and Prejudice (Special Edition) - Argon Audiobook. In: argon-verlag.de. Retrieved March 29, 2016 .
- Mansfield Park - Argon Audiobook. In: argon-verlag.de. Retrieved March 29, 2016 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Mattes, Evi (former pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 14, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tegernsee , Germany|