Erich Schäfer, son of the businessman Paul Schäfer and Ida nee Seifert, completed a commercial apprenticeship after attending secondary school . He then turned to the study of economics at the Graduate School of Nuremberg and at the University of Cologne to 1925 he put in Nuremberg diploma from 1927, he was in Cologne for Dr. rer. pole. PhD .
In 1929 he took over the position of a research assistant at the Nuremberg Commercial College, where he completed his habilitation in 1931 as a private lecturer in business administration. In November 1933 he signed the declaration of professors at German universities and colleges about Adolf Hitler . In 1936, against the resistance of Paul Deutsch (economist) , who accused him of insufficient political commitment, he moved to the Leipzig Graduate School of Management , where he was appointed associate professor in 1937 and full professor in 1940 . Schäfer became a member of the NSDAP in 1940 (# 7475813). In 1942 he accepted the chair for business administration at the Nuremberg Commercial College, which in 1961 became the "Economics and Social Science Faculty" at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg . In 1968 he retired .
Erich Schäfer was married to Marianne nee Hockauf for the second time, with whom he had four children. He died in Behringersdorf in 1984 at the age of 83.
- Economic observation , Keramos-Verlag, Bamberg, 1925
- Employment and employment measurement in companies and companies, habilitation thesis , Krische university bookstore, Nuremberg, 1931
- Organized Capital Reduction: A Proposal for Crisis Resolution, Poeschel, Stuttgart, 1932
- The spread of electrical and gas appliances: a market analysis study of the sales conditions in the 20 administrative districts of Greater Berlin; [The first comprehensive market analysis for modern household appliances], Poeschel, Stuttgart, 1933
- The task of marketing: a foundation, Meiner, Leipzig, 1943
- Basics of market research: Market research and market observation, 3rd, revised edition, Westdeutscher Verlag, Cologne, Opladen, 1953
- The company: Introduction to business administration, Westdeutscher Verlag, Cologne, Opladen, 1956
- With Hermann Eichler, Erich Hoppmann : Export cartel and competition: Competitive economic and competition law statements on * 7 GWB, with an investigation report by the Institute for Export Research on export cartels in Germany since 1880, Westdeutscher Verlag, Cologne, Opladen, 1964
- August Ludwig Degener, Walter Habel: Who is who? Das deutsche Who's Who, Volume 16 ,, Arani, Berlin, 1970 ISBN 3-7605-2007-3 , p. 1105.
- Werner Schuder (Hrsg.): Kürschner's German learned calendar . Volume 3, 13th edition, De Gruyter, Berlin / New York 1980, ISBN 3-110-07434-6 , pp. 3301, 3302.
- Peter Mantel, Research Center for Business Management and Social Practice: Fates of Business Management University Lecturers in the Third Reich, In: Volume 65 of FBS series, Research Center for Business Management and Social Practice , FBS, Mannheim, 2009, ISBN 3-9356-5011-6 . Pp. 78, 79.
- Peter Mantel: Business Administration and National Socialism: An Institutional and Personal History Study . Wiesbaden: Gabler, 2010, ISBN 978-3-8349-8515-6 , p. 814
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schäfer, Erich Paul (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German business economist and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||22nd December 1900|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mohorn , Saxony|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 10, 1984|
|Place of death||Behringersdorf|