Brown trout ( Salmo trutta fario )
|Greenwood , Rosen , Weitzman & Myers , 1966|
The cohort Euteleosteomorpha ( Euteleostei as "subdivision" in Nelson (2006)) is a taxon of the Teleostei (bony fish in the sense ), namely the derived sister group of the Ostarioclupeomorpha (Otomorpha). It comprises the four sub-cohorts Lepidogalaxii ( monotypic ), Protacanthopterygii , Stomiati and Neoteleostei , but is not very comprehensively defined, namely, according to Johnson and Patterson (1996) only by three skeletal synapomorphies :
- The first supranural (predorsal) arises independently of the second, is wider than this and separated from it by two (or more) neural spines. The supraneuralia between the occiput and the dorsalis first increase in length, then decrease, quite symmetrically.
- The stegural is membranous in front (lamina; secondary to the Argentinoidei . Stegurale is the name given to uroneuralia , which are fused with the last pre-neural vertebral center to stiffen the tail).
- Cartilage is present at the base of the radii of the caudalis (caudal fin) (but it is absent secondarily in pike-like and acanthomorpha (spiny fins in the main)).
According to Joseph S. Nelson , the Euteleosteomorpha belong to 28 orders, 346 families, 2935 genera and 17,419 fish species.
The following cladogram shows the systematic position of the Euteleosteomorpha:
- Ricardo Betancur-R., Richard E. Broughton, Edward O. Wiley, Kent Carpenter, J. Andrés López, Chenhong Li, Nancy I. Holcroft, Dahiana Arcila, Millicent Sanciangco, James C Cureton II, Feifei Zhang, Thaddaeus Buser, Matthew A. Campbell, Jesus A Ballesteros, Adela Roa-Varon, Stuart Willis, W. Calvin Borden, Thaine Rowley, Paulette C. Reneau, Daniel J. Hough, Guoqing Lu, Terry Grande, Gloria Arratia, Guillermo Ortí: The Tree of Life and a New Classification of Bony Fishes. PLOS Currents Tree of Life. 2013 Apr 18 [last modified: 2013 Apr 23]. Edition 1. doi: 10.1371 / currents.tol.53ba26640df0ccaee75bb165c8c26288 , PDF
- Joseph S. Nelson : Fishes of the World . John Wiley & Sons, 2006, ISBN 0-471-25031-7
- EO Wiley & G. David Johnson: A teleost classification based on monophyletic groups. Pages 123-182 in Joseph S. Nelson , Hans-Peter Schultze & Mark VH Wilson: Origin and Phylogenetic Interrelationships of Teleosts. 2010, Verlag Dr. Friedrich Pfeil, Munich, ISBN 978-3-89937-107-9 .