|Fly (Switzerland) AG
|Reason for dissolution||Merger with Conforama SA|
|Seat||Egerkingen , Switzerland|
( General Director )
( Chairman of the Board )
|Number of employees||330 (2012)|
|sales||106.4 million CHF (2012)|
|Branch||Furniture & home furnishings|
|As of December 31, 2012|
FLY (since April 2012 Fly (Schweiz) AG ) was a Swiss furniture chain based in Egerkingen .
The company, founded in 1998, belonged to the Swiss Manor Group until March 2012 and was operated as a franchisee until then . On April 1, 2012, the franchise agreement with Fly France was terminated and the Swiss chain was sold to the French parent company.
In 2012, FLY operated a total of 19 furniture stores in Switzerland and achieved sales of around 106 million Swiss francs with around 330 employees . Under the Manor Group , FLY achieved a turnover of 118 million Swiss francs in 2011, after 127.8 million in 2010 and 136 million in 2009 (at that time still with 20 branches).
In February 2014 it became known that the Swiss subsidiary of the French furniture retailer Conforama was taking over Fly (Schweiz) AG. In the course of the takeover, 3 of the existing 19 branches were switched to Conforama and a further 6 to Lipo Einrichtungsmärkte, a sister company of Conforama in the Steinhoff Group . The other 10 branches were initially retained as Fly.
In January 2015, the company was finally completely taken over by Conforama, and the closure of nine of the ten remaining branches and the head office at the end of March and April 2015, respectively, was announced.
In addition to furniture for all living areas, office furniture and garden furniture, the range also included products and accessories for everything to do with living , eating , sleeping , bathing , lighting and working . The furniture stores were largely self-service , but also had sales advice. Various services were also offered.
- ↑ a b c Entry of Fly (Schweiz) AG in the commercial register of the Canton of Solothurn ( Memento from July 25, 2013 in the web archive archive.today )
- ↑ Fly furniture stores belong to the French parent company again In: Tages-Anzeiger March 15, 2012.
- ↑ Media release from the Manor Group ( Memento from May 28, 2012 in the Internet Archive ), January 13, 2012.
- ↑ Media release of the Manor Group ( memento from June 20, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), January 12, 2011
- ↑ Media release of the Manor Group ( memento of October 2, 2010 in the Internet Archive ), January 12, 2010.
- ↑ Conforama takes over 19 Swiss Fly branches. on aargauerzeitung.ch
- ^ Furniture store Fly has to close definitely , SRF Regionaljournal, February 24, 2015