Franz Binder (journalist)
Franz Binder devoted himself to the study of theology at the University of Tübingen , before he turned to the study of history , literature and art studies at the University of Munich in 1848 , which he obtained with a doctorate to Dr. phil. completed.
Franz Binder subsequently received a position as private tutor for the Leo von Klenzes family . In 1857 Edmund Jörg hired him to the editorial office of the " Historisch -politische Blätter für das Catholic Deutschland " ( Historical-Political Papers for Catholic Germany ). From 1903 he was co-editor of the magazine with Georg Jochner . His journalistic and literary work includes in particular short stories and biographical works.
- Field Marshal Pappenheim "the Schrammhanns". A picture of life from the Thirty Years' War presented for old and young. F. Hurter, Schaffhausen 1856
- Charitas Pirkheimer, abbess of St. Clara in Nuremberg (= collection of historical portraits , 2nd series, 2). Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 1873
- (Ed.): Joseph von Görres ' letters . 2 volumes. In commission of the literary-artistic establishment, Munich, 1874
- Memories of Emilie Binder: 1797-1867: on the secular memory of her birth. Lentner, Munich 1897
- Luise Hensel . A picture of life based on printed and unprinted sources. Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 1885 (1904).
- Sophie Görres: Dr. FB Fifty years editor of the historical-political papers. in: Historical-political papers for Catholic Germany 141, 1908, pp. V-XVI.
- Sophie Görres: Dr. FB born November 7, 1828 in Erlingen, died September 5, 1914 in Munich. In: Historical-political papers for Catholic Germany 154, 1914, pp. 393–396.
- Walther Killy and Rudolf Vierhaus (eds.): German Biographical Encyclopedia . Volume 1, KG Saur, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-598-23163-6 , p. 530.
- Bruno Jahn: The German-language press. A biographical-bibliographical handbook. KG Saur, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-598-11710-8 , p. 92.
- Literature by and about Franz Binder in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Franz Binder in the bibliographic database WorldCat
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist, publicist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 7, 1828|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erlingen , today part of the Meitingen market|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 5, 1914|
|Place of death||Munich|