Friedrich Wilhelm Ahnefeld
Friedrich Wilhelm Ahnefeld (born January 12, 1924 in Woldenberg (Neumark) , Grenzmark Posen-West Prussia ; † November 29, 2012 in Ulm ) was a German anesthesiologist and university professor . As a medical officer , he was the first chief physician of the Bundeswehr hospital in Ulm until 1972 . From 1984 to 1990 he was director of the anesthesiological university clinic at the university clinic in Ulm . He was also a federal doctor for the German Red Cross . He is considered a pioneer of rescue services and emergency medicine .
After childhood and youth in Woldenberg and Abitur in Gnesen , Ahnefeld began studying human medicine at the University of Posen in 1942 . He was soon drafted into the army (Wehrmacht) and wounded on the Eastern Front . He continued his studies in the post-war period at the Westphalian Wilhelms University and completed it in 1951 with the state examination and doctorate at the Medical Academy in Düsseldorf . After a year at the Pharmacological Institute in Wuppertal-Elberfeld, he completed specialist training as a surgeon at the Alfried Krupp Hospital and at the Bergmannsheil University Clinic from 1952 to 1958 . In 1958 he became a medical officer in the Bundeswehr . From 1959 to 1962 Ahnefeld completed his training as a specialist in anesthesiology at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz , where he worked at the Institute for Physiological Chemistry, where he completed his habilitation in 1964 . On January 1, 1968, he became head physician ( Oberstarzt ) of the Bundeswehr hospital in Ulm, which is currently being planned, as well as its head of the anesthesia department. In addition to the appointment as honorary professor , along with the granting of the rights and duties of a full professor by the Ministry of Culture, the City of Ulm also commissioned him to manage the anesthesia department of the Ulm Municipal Hospital. In 1980 he published the first textbook for the rescue service with Bodo Gorgaß . From 1984 to 1990 he was director of the anesthesiological university clinic in Ulm and from 1973 until his retirement in 1992 he was professor of anesthesiology at the University of Ulm. After that, Ahnefeld was Secretary General of the German Society for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine and an official advisor to universities in the New States .
Ahnefeld's wife was also a medical officer in the Bundeswehr.
The focus of Ahnefeld's scientific work was the treatment of burns , especially the fight against shock . In emergency medicine, he took care of the standardization of equipment and life-saving equipment, DIN standards for ambulances and emergency vehicles, the training and further education of rescue personnel, developed the concept of the rescue chain and put together the "Ulm Suitcase".
In 1982 Ahnefeld summed up the problematic condition of the rescue service at the time: "At the moment we are driving the rescue service with a Rolls-Royce body and a small car engine into a dead end."
- Honorary Citizen of Ulm University (1992)
- Honorary member of the German Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine
- Honorary member of the European Resuscitation Council
- Honorary member of the German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (1996)
- President of the DGAI (1983–1984)
- Secretary General of the DGAI (1993–1997)
- President of the Association of Southwest German Emergency Doctors (agswn)
- Honorary doctorate from Semmelweis University
- Honorary doctorate from the Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald (2008)
- Decoration of honor of the German Red Cross
- Merit Medal of the State of Baden-Württemberg (1989)
- Rudolf Frey Medal (1990)
- Heinrich Braun Medal of the DGAI (1999)
- Federal Cross of Merit 1st Class (1978)
- with Bodo Gorgaß : The paramedic - training and further education. Springer, Berlin / Heidelberg / New York 1980.
- F. Dick: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. hc mult. Friedrich Wilhelm Ahnefeld (obituary). Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine 54 (2013), pp. 54–56
- Literature by and about Friedrich Wilhelm Ahnefeld in the catalog of the German National Library
- Ahnefeld physician died
- Two honorary doctorates from the University of Greifswald in one day , Press and Information Office of the Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, November 18, 2008
- Der Spiegel: EMERGENCY SERVICES. Knead somehow. Inadequately trained helpers sit in the ambulances of the rescue services. In many cases, they are as helpless as their patients. April 26, 1982, p. 83-87 ( spiegel.de ).
- History of the DGAI-Former Presidents ( Memento of the original from July 18, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
- Board of Directors | Arbeitsgemeinschaft Südwestdeutscher Notärzte eV Accessed on December 9, 2017 .
- Professor Friedrich Wilhelm Ahnefeld Honorary Doctorate from the University of Greifswald , Press Office of the University of Ulm, December 4, 2008
- all carriers ( memento of the original from March 7, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
- Heinrich-Braun-Medal-overview of all bearers ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
|SURNAME||Ahnefeld, Friedrich Wilhelm|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German medic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 12, 1924|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Woldenberg|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 29, 2012|
|Place of death||Ulm|