The Gau Chutizi (also Chuntizi, Gudici ...) was a medieval Gaugrafschaft between the rivers Saale and depression . In this Gau was the Miriquidi forest area , mentioned in 974 , which was given to the diocese of Merseburg by Emperor Otto II and which was mistakenly interpreted as an Erzgebirge forest for a long time . The Gau was in the eastern part of the Mark Merseburg , belonging to it was a wide strip of land east of the Mulde, which Thietmar von Merseburg called chutizi orientalis . Magdeborn was described in 969 as lying in the Gau Chutizi.
Counts in Gau Chutizi
- Gunther († July 13, 982 near Cotrone ), 974 count in the Gau Chutizi
- Rikdag II. († 985), 978 Margrave of Meißen , 982 Margrave of Merseburg and Zeitz , 983 Count in Gau Chutizi, Gau Daleminzi and Schwabengau .
- Hermann I. († 1038), 1007 count in Bautzen , 1009 margrave of Meißen , 1028 count in Hassegau and in Gau Chutizi ( Ekkehardiner ); ∞ Summer 1002 Regelinda (* 989, † after March 21, 1016), daughter of Boleslaw I. Chrobry , 992 prince and 1025 king of Poland ( Piast )
- Ekkehard II (attested in 1009, † January 24, 1046), Hermann's brother, count in the Gau Chutizi and in Burgward Teuchern , 1032 Margrave of the Ostmark , buried in Naumburg ; ∞ Uta († October 23 ...), probably Uta von Ballenstedt , sister of Count Esiko in Schwabengau ( Askanier )
- Gerhard Cheap : The Burgward organization in the Upper Saxon-Meissnian area: archaeological-archival comparative studies . Publications of the State Museum for Prehistory Dresden 20, Dt. Verl. Der Wiss, Berlin 1989, ISBN 3-326-00489-3 .
- Leo Bönhoff : Chutizi orientalis . In: New Archive for Saxon History and Antiquity, Vol. 31, 1910, pp. 1–28.
- Robert Holtzmann : The Slawengau Chutizi and the place Schkeuditz . In: Otto Korn (Ed.): On the history and culture of the Elb-Saale area . Festschrift for Walter Möllenberg, Burg bei Magdeburg 1939, pp. 39–52.
- Reinhard Spehr : Christianization and the earliest church organization in the Mark Meissen. An attempt . In: Judith Oexle (ed.): Early churches in Saxony. Results of archaeological and architectural studies (publications by the State Office for Archeology and State Museum for Prehistory 23) Stuttgart 1994, ISBN 3-8062-1094-2 , pp. 8–63.
- King's document from Otto II dated August 30, 974, issued in Frohse : Zwenkau Castle in Gau Chutizi in the county of Gunthers . RI II, 2 n.670, in: Regesta Imperii Online, http://www.regesta-imperii.de/id/0974-08-30_1_0_2_2_0_189_670 (accessed on November 12, 2019).