Gerhard Löwenthal Prize
The Gerhard Loewenthal Prize is a journalism prize , the 2004 by the weekly newspaper Junge Freiheit , together with the Foundation for Conservative Education and Research and the former ZDF presenter Fritz Schenk and Ingeborg Lowenthal , widow of journalist Gerhard Loewenthal was launched. It was awarded annually from 2004 to 2009, at the end of November and beginning of December, respectively, the date of birth and death of Gerhard Löwenthal. Since 2009 it has been awarded every two years. The award ceremony has always taken place in the Berlin Citadel Spandau .
Since 2007, the prize has been awarded by the Foundation for Conservative Education and Research (FKBF) in cooperation with Junge Freiheit . The FKBF was founded by Caspar von Schrenck-Notzing , its chairman has been Dieter Stein , the founder and editor-in-chief of the newspaper Junge Freiheit , since 2007 .
According to the donors, the award is intended to commemorate the political and journalistic legacy of Gerhard Löwenthal. It is intended to honor “continuous, particularly high-quality and groundbreaking contributions” in the field of “liberal-conservative journalism”. At the same time as this prize, which is endowed with 5,000 euros (since 2017: 10,000 euros), the FKBF also awards the undoped Gerhard Löwenthal Prize for special journalistic merits .
Gerhard Löwenthal Prize for journalists
The endowed Gerhard Löwenthal Prize for journalists has been awarded to:
- 2004 Thorsten Hinz , Junge-Freiheit columnist and author of the Prussian General and the Secession
- 2005 Stefan Scheil , historian and journalist
- 2006 Thomas Paulwitz , founder and editor-in-chief of Deutsche Sprachwelt
- 2007 Andreas Krause Landt , journalist and publisher
- 2008 Ellen Kositza , long-time author of Junge Freiheit , non-fiction author and editor of the Secession
- 2009 André F. Lichtschlag , founder and editor of the magazine peculiarly free
- 2011 Michael Paulwitz , author of the weekly newspaper Junge Freiheit and the magazine Sezession
- 2013 Birgit Kelle , journalist, author of Junge Freiheit , der Welt , and Focus
- 2015 Martin Voigt , journalist, author of Junge Freiheit
- 2017 Sabatina James , journalist, author of Junge Freiheit
- 2019 Alexander Wendt , journalist and book author, member of the editorial team at Focus
With the exception of Wendt, all award winners are or were authors of Junge Freiheit themselves, some regularly.
Gerhard Löwenthal Prize of Honor
The undoped Gerhard Löwenthal Prize has received so far:
- Löwenthal Prize for Siedler and Krause Landt . Young Freedom, November 25, 2007
- About the Foundation of the Conservative Education and Research Foundation (FKBF)
- Journalistenpreise.de: Gerhard-Löwenthal-Preis
- Funding for Conservative Education and Research (FKBF): The Gerhard Löwenthal Prize .
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung : Reading room: Thomas Paulwitz ( Memento of the original from July 6, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- authors in Junge Freiheit ( Memento from April 15, 2012 in the Internet Archive ); Young freedom archive search