German language world
|German language world|
|description||Journal for the maintenance of the German language|
|publishing company||German language world|
|First edition||May 20, 2000|
|Frequency of publication||quarterly|
|Widespread edition||25,000 copies|
|(Self-reported in March 2011)|
|Range||0.08 million readers|
|(Reader survey 2002)|
|editor||Association for language maintenance|
The German Language World ( DSW ) is a national magazine for language maintenance . The publisher is the Verein für Sprachpflege e. V. (VfS). The DSW advocates the preservation of a lively German language and generally demands better intelligibility in the language. In particular, she opposes the excessive use of Anglicisms , for the preservation of cursive writing and against the spelling reform . The editor-in-chief is Thomas Paulwitz . The DSW appears in the spelling used in the 20th century .
The Deutsche Sprachwelt is given free of charge and is mainly financed by donations . It appears quarterly in a printed version with its own editions in Germany and Austria and publishes current news on the language on the Internet . According to a DSW reader survey from 2002, the print edition reaches around 80,000 readers; however, a survey by the IVW is not available.
The German language world describes itself as a "platform for everyone who loves language". This is expressed on the one hand in the cooperation with other language associations, such as the German Language Campaign (Hanover), the Association for German Spelling and Language Maintenance , the Association for German Writing and Language, and the Bautzen / Upper Lusatia Language Rescue Club . In January 2007, the magazine contributed to the re-establishment of the Fruit-Bringing Society , in which several language associations are gathered. Another example of the collaboration is Thomas Paulwitz's leadership of the language committee of the Pegnesian Order of Flowers in Nuremberg. On the occasion of the magazine's tenth birthday in 2010, Deutsche Sprachwelt published congratulations from the chairmen of eight different language maintenance associations.
The authors of the Deutsche Sprachwelt include language protectors, linguists (such as Horst Haider Munske ), politicians (such as Christian Wulff , Peter Müller and Peter Ramsauer ), writers and poets (such as Reiner Kunze ) and teachers (such as Josef Kraus ), but also specialists such as Johannes Heinrichs or Dagmar Schmauks . So make language usage , language criticism , language policy and linguistics each other. In addition, the DSW also wants to reach those who do not want to organize themselves in a language association.
The Society for German Language outlines the platform concept as follows: “The German language world obviously wants to represent the broadest possible spectrum of language maintenance efforts and therefore also names institutions and initiatives with different, sometimes competing orientations. In addition, there are generally written articles on language topics, the selection is not limited to the German language, information on other European and non-European languages is also provided. "
However, not everyone feels addressed by the platform concept. The relationship between the best-known German language association and the best-known German language newspaper is contradictory. The federal board of the German Language Association (VDS) has described the DSW as "a free rider in VDS campaigns" and warned: "Any donation to this address is lost to our cause." This contradicts the occasional cooperation between the VDS and the DSW, for example for the collection of signatures for German as an equal working language in the European Union: "We would like to thank all the signature collectors and signatories for their commitment and the DSW for their support." In addition, board members, members of the scientific advisory board and regional heads of the VDS appear as authors and employees of the DSW including even VDS chairman Walter Krämer himself.
Views and campaigns
The DSW repeatedly writes media-effective calls, for example to change the football commentators on television (2004) and to “voice fasting” (2005), and launch campaigns such as the “German compulsory for politicians” (2006), the anti-SALE “End with the sellout of the German language ”(2009), the“ 1,000 reasons for the German language ”campaign (2010) and the“ Free ride for the German language ”and“ Save the cursive ”campaigns (both 2011).
German language street
Since 2010, the Deutsche Sprachwelt, together with the Neue Fruchtbringenden Gesellschaft, has been pursuing the goal of designating a German-language street as a new holiday route in the federal states of Thuringia, Saxony-Anhalt and Saxony. The cities featured in the magazine so far are Schleiz , Bad Lauchstädt , Graefenhainichen and Merseburg . The route is intended to connect 25 cities. On March 30, 2011, representatives of several cities in Köthen (Anhalt) founded a working group (AG) to realize the road. On May 4, 2011, the AG elected Thomas Paulwitz as spokesman. The publisher Juergen Klimpke (Schleiz) and the language protector Diethold Tietz (Bautzen) act as deputy spokespersons for the working group.
The Deutsche Sprachwelt also organizes competitions for young talents to promote the German language. In 2006 she wrote the competition for football commentators “Sport ist Wort”, which was won by the Munich sports student Frank Hanauer. In 2007 the magazine is looking for young poets as part of the series of events “Goethe Lives”, which it helped to organize for the 175th year of Goethe's death. In addition, since 2007 the German Language World has supported the New Fruit Bringing Society's annual school competition “Beautiful German Language”.
Language True of the Year
The German language world has made the word "Sprachwahrer" known. Every year since 2000, the readership of the DSW has chosen the language true of the year in order to recognize what they consider to be an exemplary commitment to the German language. The previous winners are:
- 2000: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung , Peter Vogelgesang , Karl-Heinz Requard
- 2001: Martin Mosebach , Theodor Ickler , Pforzheimer Versandhandel
- 2002: Reiner Kunze , Harald Schmidt , Katharina Burkhardt
- 2003: German-speaking University of Budapest , President of the German Academies, Stuttgart Regional Group of the German Language Association
|2004||1||Mathias Döpfner||The CEO of Axel Springer AG Mathias Döpfner decided that the Springer press should return to traditional spelling.|
|2||Karin Pfeiffer-Stolz||The publisher Karin Pfeiffer-Stolz has also returned to the tried and tested spelling with her school book publisher.|
|3||Bastian Sick||The author Bastian Sick caused a sensation with his linguistic critical book Der Dativ ist die Genitive seine Tod .|
|2005||1||City of Mühlhausen in Thuringia||Mühlhausen set itself the goal of doing without Anglicisms.|
|2||Josephine Ahrens||The student Josephine Ahrens fought for the right to be allowed to write in school according to traditional spelling before the Lower Saxony Higher Administrative Court .|
|3||Pope Benedict XVI||Pope Benedict XVI use and enrich the expressiveness of the German language in his writings.|
|2006||1||Edda Moser||Edda Moser founded the German Language Festival in 2006 .|
|2||Natascha Kampusch||The kidnapping victim Natascha Kampusch received the award for her "eloquence".|
|3||Customer magazine “Centaur” of the drugstore chain Rossmann||The magazine "Centaur" was honored for not using Anglicisms.|
|2007||1||Porsche AG||Porsche is sticking to German as the corporate language and promoting the German language abroad.|
|2||Rolf Zuckowski||The songwriter Rolf Zuckowski writes catchy songs for children in their mother tongue.|
|3||Linguistic consumer protection initiative||The "Linguistic Consumer Protection" initiative of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group advocates understandable language.|
|2008||1||Initiative Pro Deutsche Welle by employees of Deutsche Welle||The Pro Deutsche Welle initiative had warned against the “Americanization of the German international broadcaster”.|
|2||Volker Hoff and Wolfgang Reinhart||The two European ministers at the time from Baden-Württemberg (Wolfgang Reinhart) and Hesse (Volker Hoff) were particularly committed to strengthening the German language in the European Union in 2008.|
|3||Norbert Lammert||The President of the Bundestag, Norbert Lammert, brought the demand to include German in the Basic Law in the political debate.|
|Manuscript||The publishing house "Manuscriptum" adheres to the traditional spelling and offers a corresponding dictionary.|
|2009||1||Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg||Federal Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg advocates honest language and is a very talented and skilled speaker.|
|2||Ulrich Wickert||Former Tagesthemen spokesman Ulrich Wickert is a linguistically sensitive person who prefers, for example, “punitive measures” to “sanction”, “blood rights” instead of “ius sanguinis” or “extermination of Jews” instead of “Holocaust”, because German words are “juicier” for him , stronger, more expressive ”.|
|3||Louis van Gaal||As coach of FC Bayern Munich , Louis van Gaal replaced English with German as the language of communication between the players.|
|2010||1||Peter Ramsauer||The Federal Minister of Transport and Deputy CSU Chairman Peter Ramsauer eradicated Anglicisms in his ministry with the help of a translation list as part of his “German Initiative”. At his instigation, Deutsche Bahn AG will rename the “Service Points” to “Information”.|
|2||Joachim Gauck||The former representative for the Stasi files, Joachim Gauck, demanded understandable political German.|
|3||Peter Hahne||The television presenter Peter Hahne campaigned as a language critic with clear words for the German language.|
|Günter B. Merkel|
|2011||1||Loriot||Loriot has shaped and enriched the German language, not only inventing new German words, but also giving exclamations like “Moooment!” And “Oh what ?!” a new meaning. In addition, Loriot had been critical of the development of the German language.|
|3||Klaus Tolksdorf and Wolfgang Ball|
|Fashion house Nikolaus|
|2012||1||Frank Plasberg||The presenter Frank Plasberg insists in his ARD show " Hart aber fair " on explaining foreign words and incomprehensible expressions.|
|2||Horst Hippler||Horst Hippler, President of the University Rectors ' Conference, had spoken out in a newspaper interview against holding courses only in English.|
|3||Bad Homburg high school students||High school students from Bad Homburg had collected, described and published hundreds of old words.|
|2013||1||Deutsche Bahn||Deutsche Bahn has developed a glossary of how Anglicisms can be replaced.|
|2||Otfried Preussler||The children's book author Otfried Preußler wanted to prevent the publisher from rewriting his book Die kleine Hexe in a politically correct manner.|
|3||LaBrassBanda||The Bavarian brass band “LaBrassBanda” could have represented Germany with a German song at the European song competition “ ESC ” with their song “Nackert” , but an ARD jury overturned the audience's decision in favor of a piece sung in English.|
|2014||1||Johannes Singhammer||The Vice-President of the German Bundestag Johannes Singhammer campaigned in Brussels for the European Union to use German, English and French equally.|
|2||Monika Gruber||The cabaret artist Monika Gruber made fun of politically correct language on the show “ Schlachthof ” in July 2014 .|
|3||Heike Diefenbach and Michael Klein||The social scientists Heike Diefenbach and Michael Klein campaigned with petitions and open letters to push back “ gender mainstreaming ”.|
|2015||1||Sebastian Zidek||Sebastian Zidek, a student at the Technical University of Berlin , successfully defended himself against a lecturer's threat to get worse grades if he did not use “gender-sensitive language”.|
|2||Andrew Onuegbu||The native Nigerian Andrew Onuegbu calls his inn in Kiel “Zum Mohrenkopf” because he is black himself.|
|3||Sarah Connor||The singer Sarah Connor sang in German for the first time on her successful album " Mutterssprache ".|
|2016||1||Miroslav Klose||for the support of the "Miro German Football Schools" in Upper Silesia|
|2||Hamed Abdel-Samad||"He uses the German language better, more sharply and more courageously than many native speakers."|
|3||Henryk M. Broder|
|2017||1||The postillon||The Postillon “publishes reports that are critical of language and that are so crazy that they could be true again. In this way, Der Postillon draws attention to undesirable developments in language policy and encourages reflection on the use of language. "|
|2||Académie française||The Académie française initiated a departure in French politics from incomprehensible gender spellings.|
|3||"The unknown German teacher"||on behalf of all teachers who try to inspire their students for the German language every day|
|2018||1||Sebastian Kurz||The Austrian Chancellor makes the amount of social benefits paid to asylum seekers dependent on their willingness to learn German.|
|2||Federal Ministry for National Defense||Since 2018, the Austrian Ministry has dispensed with the " Binnen-I " in its official documents .|
|3||Horst Samson||The poet is one of the most important representatives of Romanian German literature.|
|2019||1||Uwe Steimle||The German language is sacred to actors and cabaret artists, especially Saxon . His freedom of speech is important to him, which is why the Mitteldeutsche Rundfunk stopped its broadcast (“ Steimles Welt ”) in November . Steimle says: "Whoever takes a people's language breaks their backbone."|
|2||Dieter Nuhr||The cabaret artist opposes gender nonsense in language and advocates the right to freedom of expression. In his satirical program “Nuhr im Ersten” he lets morality and reality collide with the means of language and, as an “anti-extremist”, even accepts being insulted and threatened.|
|3||Alice Schwarzer||In April, the journalist and women's rights activist warned against language requirements and gender spellings: “We should be careful not to prescribe a certain language. [...] I cannot speak an underscore or an asterisk in the word. That messes up the language. "|
|Bautzen district council||On the initiative of the local language rescue club, the municipal parliament for the Bautzen district unanimously renounced gender asterisks and Binnen-Is in August.|
Since the summer of 2005 (issue 20), the DSW has published a “language sinners corner” in every issue and calls on its readers to encourage the “language sinners” to use better German. So far, the language offenders corner:
- 2005: Deutsche Telekom , Deutsche Bahn , Günther Oettinger
- 2006: Robert Koch Institute , Norisbank , North Rhine-Westphalian ministers, again Deutsche Telekom
- 2007: Transport and Tariff Association Stuttgart (VVS), Austrian Federal Government , Duden editorial team, Langenscheidt
- 2008: BASF , Peterstaler Mineralquellen (Black Forest Pearl), Stiftung Deutsche Sporthilfe (Hall of Fame of German Sports)
- 2009: Bavarian Ministry of Social Affairs for the Fit for Work program , Bavarian Ministry of Agriculture for the brochure Cross Compliance 2009 and Bavarian Ministry of Culture for the competition EarSinn - ears open and through as well as RUHR.2010 GmbH for the event titles : TWINS - inter_cool , X-Circus Ruhr , Seven European Gardens , pottfiction , National Poetry Slam and ! SING - Day of Song .
- 2010: Corina Casanova (gender-abstract designation parent instead of father and mother), REWE DIY store toom , ZDF
- 2011: Lower Saxony Ministry of Culture , Schlecker ("For You. Vor Ort"), Volkswagen , Hamburg ("Chicago Square")
- 2012: Media-Saturn-Holding ("Soo! Muss Technik"), Unilever ("You may"), Ralf Wieland , Adam Opel AG (" Opel Adam ")
- 2013: Thienemann-Verlag (deletion of the word "Neger" in " Die kleine Hexe "), University of Leipzig ("Herr Professorin"), Thuringian Ministry for Education, Science and Culture (abolition of writing and calligraphy lessons), Peter Limbourg (change of DW's program in English)
- 2014: ADAC , Lidl , Wolfgang A. Herrmann , Jan-Hendrik Olbertz
- 2015: Alexander Graf Lambsdorff (English as the administrative language in Germany), Axel Koblitz (“We can Auto”), Federal Employment Agency (“Early Intervention”), Austrian Post (“Why Nachten?”)
- 2016: Siemens ("Ingenuity for Life"), Bremen , Lower Saxony , Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg (termination of the funding agreement for the Institute for Low German ), WDR (" One "), Duden (adaptation of vocabulary to errors)
Language world postage stamps
For “World Mother Language Day” in 2004, DSW issued its own 10,000 stamps, which are fully valid for Austria, “as an answer to the gibberish at Deutsche Post”. Another brand followed in the same year with the inscription “X-Mas? No thanks! We celebrate a peaceful Christmas ”.
Language policy demands
On the "German Language Day" 2003, the DSW published "ten language policy demands":
- German must be the primary language in public spaces.
- The language of instruction in schools and universities is German. German must be the national scientific language .
- The German spelling must be uniformly regulated.
- German must be the working and publication language in the European Union .
- The German dialects and the German script must be protected in particular.
- The command of the German language is a prerequisite for naturalization and long-term residence.
- Education and family must be promoted in order to strengthen the German language.
- The German language must also be promoted abroad.
- The German language must be protected from political abuse.
- A new German Language Council is responsible for fulfilling these requirements.
The German language world describes itself as "independent and non-partisan". Politicians from various parties also write in the DSW, including Peter Müller (CDU), Hartmut Koschyk (CSU), Martin Schulz (SPD) and Oskar Lafontaine ( Die Linke ). The editor-in-chief of Deutsche Sprachwelt , Thomas Paulwitz, distanced himself from the NPD in May 2006 . However, there are occasional allegations of being active in the right-wing conservative environment. In 2006 Paulwitz was awarded the Gerhard Löwenthal Prize together with Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann , which the right-wing conservative weekly newspaper Junge Freiheit , for which he regularly writes, also awards. Theodor Ickler , a Germanist and spelling reform critic, has a. a. distanced from the German linguistic world : “My demarcation from Junge Freiheit and the German linguistic world (contrary to my earlier openness on all sides, long recognized as wrong) is politically motivated. I have nothing to do with the right. ”“ On the other hand, the DSW article “Corruption of Thought” by Oskar Lafontaine caused an abundance of reactions. While some readers praised the print “that the DEUTSCHE SPRACHWELT knows how to report independently and in a balanced way and that advocating our language need not be ideological and right-wing conservative” (Alfred Bielefeld), other readers felt repelled: “From a comrade and A supporter has now become an opponent ”(Erwin H. Kleine).
- Falco Pfalzgraf: The Association for Language Maintenance / The German Language World. In: Falco Pfalzgraf: Neopurism in Germany after the turn. Lang, Frankfurt am Main (etc.) 2006, pp. 100–129.
- Christian Schütte: On the function of emotions in language-critical argumentation. An analysis of contributions from the "German language world". In: Jörg Bücker & Elke Diedrichsen & Constanze Spieß (eds.): Perspektiven linguistic language criticism (= Perspektiven Germanistischer Linguistik, 13). ibidem, Stuttgart 2015, pp. 47-74.
- Karoline Wirth: Association for language maintenance / German language world. In: The German Language Association. Background, development, work and organization of a German language association (Bamberg Contributions to Linguistics 1). 2010, pp. 121–125.
- See for example the association magazine Die deutsche Schrift 4/2006, p. 32, keyword: “Cooperation”.
- "Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft" newly founded ( memento of the original from September 29, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , RBW regional television, January 22, 2007
- Ten years of "Deutsche Sprachwelt" - greetings and birthday wishes from the language clubs, in: Deutsche Sprachwelt 40, summer 2010, p. 5.
- "The DSW reaches a high level of non-club-bound language enthusiasts" (Hans-Manfred Niedetzky, top marks for the language newspaper)
- Silke Wiechers: "We are the language people" - current efforts of language associations and initiatives . In: Mutterssprache - Vierteljahresschrift für deutsche Sprache, 111 (June 2001), issue 2, pp. 147–162.
- Association of German Language: Messages from the VDS headquarters , in: Sprach-Nachrichten No. 25 / January 2005, p. 19.
- Diethold Tietz: Interim status of the EU signature collection , September 26, 2004, on: vds-ev.de (August 23, 2006) ( Memento of the original from March 23, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and still Not checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. The reference to the cooperation has since been removed (October 9, 2006). But also see here ( Memento of the original from October 9, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- Walter Krämer (chairman of the "Association of German Language"): "The English displacement". A French-Canadian fights against the supremacy of English. In: Deutsche Sprachwelt 41, autumn 2010; For good German in action. Sprachwelt employee Wolfgang Hildebrandt (regional manager at VDS), in: Deutsche Sprachwelt 23, spring 2006; Gerd Schrammen, Hermann H. Dieter (Federal Board Members of the "Association of German Language"): VDS arguments on the German language. In: Deutsche Sprachwelt 5, September 2001.
- Training camp for commentators , Stern, June 29, 2004.
- look . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. In: FAZ , February 12, 2005.
- Journal suggests compulsory German for politicians. In: Die Welt , February 21, 2006.
- German term for "All inclusive" wanted . In: Nürnberger Nachrichten , February 5, 2009.
- Wanted: 1000 reasons for the German language . bild.de, February 19, 2010.
- Ramsauer is "Sprachwahrer des Jahres" . In: Tagesspiegel , March 16, 2011.
- See Concern for the Abolition of Script . In: Münchner Merkur , September 12, 2011.
- Street of the German language
- Street of the German language: Route connects 25 cities , n-tv, March 30, 2011.
- Helmut Dawal: On the trail of language . In: Mitteldeutsche Zeitung , March 31, 2011.
- Street of the German language: First results of the new working group . lifepr.de. Article dated May 5, 2011, accessed April 9, 2020.
- Comment instead of babbling. A replacement for Beckmann found . In: FAZ , June 23, 2006.
- Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres 2005 ( Memento of the original from May 17, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Deutsche Sprachwelt (accessed April 20, 2011)
- Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres 2005 ( Memento of the original from September 19, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Deutsche Sprachwelt (accessed April 20, 2011)
- Sprachwahrer Prize for Natascha Kampusch ( Memento from May 5, 2012 in the Internet Archive ), Netzeitung, March 19, 2007.
- Natascha Kampusch: "Sprachwahrerin des Jahres" , Die Presse, March 19, 2007.
- Porsche is “Sprachwahrer des Jahres” , heise Autos, March 12, 2008.
- corrector of the year: Porsche overtakes everyone , press portal, March 11, 2008.
- Peter Bleser, Gitta Connemann, Julia Klöckner, Laurenz Meyer, Erika Steinbach: "Linguistic consumer protection" encouraged by good placement in the Sprachwahrerpreis , communication from the CDU / CSU parliamentary group, June 23, 2008.
- Deutsche Sprachwelt, accessed on April 14, 2011 ( Memento of the original from September 19, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- "Sprachwahrer des Jahres": Award for Guttenberg , n-tv, March 16, 2010.
- Reproduction of the Sprachwelt reasoning on Ulrich Wickert's homepage
- Clear points win for van Gaal against Westerwelle . In: Die Welt , March 19, 2010.
- Great success for the Minister of Transport: Ramsauer is “Sprachwahrer des Jahres” . In: Tagesspiegel , March 16, 2011.
- # 93; = 94049 & cHash = d946c774a82e2627978a4c1f36696bbc Gauck and Hahne as "true people" of the German language . ( Memento of the original from September 27, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Christian news agency idea, March 23, 2011.
- Loriot posthumously recognized as a “linguist”. In: Stuttgarter Nachrichten , March 14, 2012.
- TV presenter Plasberg "Sprachwahrer des Jahres" ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. In: Stern , March 13, 2013.
- Deutsche Bahn puts Anglicisms on the sidelines. In: Stern , March 12, 2014.
- Bundestag Vice President Singhammer is Speech True of the Year. In: news aktuell , March 11, 2015.
- Berlin student is "Sprachwahrer des Jahres". In: Die Welt , March 16, 2016.
- Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres 2016 ( Memento of the original from March 20, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed March 19, 2018.
- Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres 2017 , accessed on March 19, 2018.
- good German and against gender language: Austria's government wins the election for language lawyer of the year. Article dated March 19, 2019, accessed March 19, 2019.
- Sprachwahrer des Jahres 2018: Sebastian Kurz, Federal Ministry for National Defense, Horst Samson . Article dated March 19, 2019, accessed March 19, 2019.
- derStandard.at: Kurz and Kunasek declared as "Sprachwahrern des Jahres". Article dated March 19, 2019, accessed March 19, 2019.
- Sprachwahrer des Jahres 2019 , accessed on April 9, 2020.
- Posttip (February 10, 2004) ( Memento of the original from September 28, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Feierabend.com ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- cf. Deutsche Sprachwelt , issue 24, summer 2006, p. 1.
- "German compulsory for politicians" campaign remains strictly non-partisan (July 21, 2006)
- Gerhard Löwenthal Prize
- Theodor Ickler: My spelling diary, entry from August 5, 2005 at 6:57 a.m., accessed September 2, 2010.
- Vortex around Lafontaine . In: Deutsche Sprachwelt , issue 21, autumn 2005.
- Oskar Lafontaine: Corruption of Thought - With the language, the ideology of Anglo-Saxon neoliberalism is adopted . In: Deutsche Sprachwelt , issue 20, summer 2005.