Gerhard Pötzsch attended secondary school in Leipzig-Lindenau from 1958 to 1968. In 1968 he began an apprenticeship as an electrician . In the years 1968 to 1969 he served a 15-month prison sentence for “attempting to illegally cross the border ” in Ichtershausen and then continued his apprenticeship from 1969 to 1970 with a degree as an electrician. 1970 to 1982 he carried out various activities in various professions. From 1982 to 1985 he studied direct at the Leipzig Literature Institute Johannes R. Becher and graduated with a university degree.
Between 1985 and 1992 he worked as a specialist advisor for local chronicles ( Torgau district ) and as a freelance author. Various publications in the areas of radio play , radio feature and prose are available from this time . Gerhard Pötzsch has been a member of the SDP and the SPD since 1990 . From 1990 to 1994 and from 2004 to 2014 he was city councilor for the SPD in Leipzig, also a member of the works committee culture / culture committee / petitions committee, and curator of the Leipzig Foundation. From 1992 to 2001 he was managing partner of the private Saxon radio station Energy Sachsen .
Since 2001 he has worked as a freelance author, audio book publisher and editor. Pötzsch has been married since 1974 and has one daughter.
- Glittering walls , director: Achim Scholz (Broadcasting of the GDR 1986)
- Crepe soles on suburban pavement , director: Horst Liepach (Broadcasting of the GDR 1988)
- I can never and never forget that, directed by Matthias Thalheim (Funkhaus Berlin 1990)
- It was all alone , director: Joachim Staritz (SachsenRadio / hr 1991)
Movie and TV
- As a contemporary witness in: Soundtrack Ost - Beat and Pop Stories. Documentation by Kathrin Aehnlich and André Meier, MDR / ARTE 2004
- In that persistent summer (together with Ralph Grüneberger ), documentary film about the Leipzig reservoir reading , 2005
- As a contemporary witness in: Our 60s - How we became what we are. Documentation by Michael Wulfes, ARD 2007
- Grabbe or a menetekel (via Christian Dietrich Grabbe - Rundfunk der DDR 1989)
- The Saale, the Mulde, the Elbe (together with Otto Werner Förster - Rundfunk der DDR 1990)
- The Saxon Sea (together with Ralph Grüneberger - MDR 2002)
- The handkerchief parlor - The end of a legendary local pub in Leipzig (MDR 2006)
- The devil's tuber - picked up potato stories (MDR 2008)
- We had the honor to inhabit the launch of the first liquid rocket into space - Ruth Kraft - A portrait (MDR 2010)
- Advertise: Biedermeier on the Elbe - About the smallest Hanseatic city in the world (MDR 2010 on Advertise )
- I fought a good fight - August Neidhardt von Gneisenau (MDR 2010, about August Neidhardt von Gneisenau )
- The Finch Maneuver - About a festival in the Harz Mountains (MDR 2012)
- Well, he who respects law and truth! - Ferdinand Lassalle and the beginnings of social democracy in Leipzig (MDR 2013 about Ferdinand Lassalle )
- The cathedral city of Havelberg - history of a millennial Hanseatic city (MDR 2013 about Havelberg )
- Over seven bridges - a GDR hit goes around the world (MDR 2014 about Helmut Richter , Ed Swillms , Peter Maffay and others)
- 60 percent east / 40 west - music control à la GDR (MDR 2017)
- Fitters , narrative prose, in: Temperamente - Blätter für Junge Literatur; Zweimonatsschr., Berlin 1980, issue 2, p. 107
- Marriage quarrel , what a late summer moment. , Narrative texts, in: Temperamente - Blätter für Junge Literatur; Zweimonatsschr., Berlin 1981, issue 4, pp. 44–45
- Fear heart gets cold in: No scent of wild mint , stories, publisher: Klaus Steinhaußen , Mitteldeutscher Verlag Halle 1981
- Paul in: Now - 50 stories from everyday life , editor: Gerhard Rothbauer, Verlag Philipp Reclam jun. Leipzig 1986
- Kubas' Brunnen - The Sculptor Bruno Kubas , in: Leipziger Blätter 1988 / No. 12, pp. 28–30, .
- Crepe soles on suburban pavement in: Rise of the city on the roof , radio plays, editor: Christa Vetter, Henschel, Berlin 1990, ISBN 978-3-362-00474-9 .
- Caesar - Who honors the rose (together with Caesar Peter Gläser ), Militzke, 2007, ISBN 978-3-86189-826-9
- Grabbe, Gneisenau - Stories from Yesterday | Radio texts for reading , hardcover and e-book, 128 pages, epubli 2013
- The establishment of the General German Workers' Education Association in Leipzig , in: Leipziger Blätter , No. 63, 2013, pp. 54–55, .
- Handkerchief hall , novel, Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle (Saale) 2015, ISBN 978-3-95462-465-2 .
- In memory of Helmut Richter (1933-2019) , in: Leipziger Blätter , No. 76, 2020, .
Audiobook publications (selection)
- Editor of: Hörbild Stadt - Sounds of Leipzig , Hoerwerk Leipzig, 2005, ISBN 978-3-86189-911-2
- Editor of: Teekessel and Othello. My favorite Saxon jokes by and with Bernd-Lutz Lange ; Hoerwerk Leipzig 2005, ISBN 978-3-86189-912-9
- Publisher of: Hoerbilder Museum der bildenden Künste Leipzig , Militzke Verlag Leipzig 2006, ISBN 978-3-86189-922-8
- Editor of: Caesar tells , Hoerwerk Leipzig 2006, ISBN 3-86189-928-0
- Editor of: Poetry of the 20th Century: My 24 Saxon Poets , 2 CDs, Militzke Verlag Leipzig 2009, ISBN 978-3-86189-935-8
- Ingeborg-Drewitz-Literature Prize for Prisoners 1995 - for his autobiographical radio play Der was das alles sein (SachsenRadio / hr 1991), awarded on March 10, 1995 in Leipzig
- Literature by and about Gerhard Pötzsch in the catalog of the German National Library
- Our 60s. Zeitzeugen-Archiv, daserste.de ( Memento from January 5, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- CÄSARARCHIV contemporary witness portal with video reminiscences by Gerhard Pötzsch
- Audio picture (35 min.) About Havelberg by Gerhard Pötzsch, MDR KULTUR 2012
- Over seven bridges - a GDR hit goes around the world , audio picture by Gerhard Pötzsch, MDR Figaro 2014, to listen to
- Author's biography in: Rise of the city on the roof, radio plays, Henschelverlag Berlin 1990
- Petitions Committee - City of Leipzig . leipzig.de. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- s. Appendix by Christa Vetter (Ed.): Schrei der Wildgänse. Radio plays, Henschelverlag Berlin 1988
- Radio plays on ARD: With evidence of the first broadcasts by Funkhaus Berlin and Sachsen Radio, overviews of radio play prices and publications as well as a chronicle: 1991 by Bernd Löw, Stiftung Deutsches Rundfunkarchiv 1992
- The Riverboat Revolt. A memorable piece of Leipzig literary history: In June 1968 the legendary motorboat reading by Olaf Schmidt, Kreuzer (Leipzig's cultural magazine) on June 1, 2008, p. 64 took place on the Elsterstausee
- Zeitzeugen-Site at dasErste.de ( Memento from January 5, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- Patrick Conley: Features and reports on radio in the GDR. Recordings from 1964-1991 . 2nd edition Berlin: Askylt, 1999, p. 58. ISBN 3-9807372-0-9 ( hdl : 10900/62994 )
- Patrick Conley: Features and reports on radio in the GDR. Recordings from 1964-1991 . 2nd edition Berlin: Askylt, 1999, p. 163. ISBN 3-9807372-0-9 ( hdl : 10900/62994 )
- Gerhard Pötzsch's great souvenir novel of childhood and youth in Lindenau
- Lindenthaler Gerhard Pötzsch publishes audio books. Former radio maker produces his CDs / Bellmann and Delmare in the Lützschena studio as a speaker for Marianne H.-Stars, Leipziger Volkszeitung from February 5, 2004, p. 20
- Hobby - Gerhard Pötzsch mixes a sound for the life of Janina Fleischer at Hörwerk Leipzig , series: Verlagslandschaft Mitteldeutschland, Leipziger Volkszeitung from February 26, 2011, p. 12
- Stolen Heaven: Resistance in Prison , ed. Documentation Center for Prisoners' Literature of the University of Münster, with escort. by Luise Rinser and Friedrich Magirius, Thom-Verlag Leipzig 1995, ISBN 3-930383-04-7
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer and city council member in Leipzig (SPD)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th October 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|