Shine scabiosis ( Scabiosa lucida )
The leaves are arranged in a basal rosette and distributed on the stem. The basal leaves are ovate, notched and mostly glabrous and somewhat shiny. The stem leaves are pinnate with narrow tips and only hairy on the edges or underneath on the nerves.
The flowering period extends from July to September. The many relatively small flowers are in a 2.5 to 4 centimeter wide head-shaped inflorescence . The “actual” calyx is transformed into five long, red-brown shiny bristles. These are keeled with marginal strips next to the midrib. The red-purple crown is made up of five parts with unequal tips. The marginal flowers are larger and radiant.
The number of chromosomes is 2n = 16.
The dry-skinned outer calyx, together with the calyx bristles, serves as a parachute during the spread of the diaspores , here the fruits, by the wind.
The distribution area includes the Alps and the mountains of southern and central Europe. It occurs in France , Italy , Slovenia , the Czech Republic , Croatia , Serbia , Bulgaria , Romania , Albania , Germany , Austria , Switzerland , Hungary , Poland and in north-western Ukraine .
This lime-loving plant prefers limestone grasslands , poor pastures, pine forests, rocky slopes, rock debris and flat moor meadows. It thrives at altitudes of 1000 to 2700 meters. In the Allgäu Alps, it rises on the Angererkopf in Bavaria to an altitude of 2100 meters. It is a character species of the order Seslerietalia albicantis and occurs particularly often in the Caricetum ferrugineae and in the Seslerio-Caricetum sempervirentis.
- Xaver Finkenzeller, Jürke Grau: Alpine flowers. Recognize and determine (= Steinbach's natural guide ). Mosaik, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-576-11482-3 .
- Wolfgang Adler, Karl Oswald, Raimund Fischer: Excursion flora of Austria . Ed .: Manfred A. Fischer. Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart / Vienna 1994, ISBN 3-8001-3461-6 .
- Erich Oberdorfer : Plant-sociological excursion flora for Germany and neighboring areas . With the collaboration of Angelika Schwabe and Theo Müller. 8th, heavily revised and expanded edition. Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart (Hohenheim) 2001, ISBN 3-8001-3131-5 , pp. 888 .
- Scabiosa in the Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN), USDA , ARS , National Genetic Resources Program. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. Retrieved April 22, 2018.
- Erhard Dörr, Wolfgang Lippert : Flora of the Allgäu and its surroundings. Volume 2, IHW, Eching 2004, ISBN 3-930167-61-1 , p. 545.
- Scabiosa lucida Vill., Gloss scabiosis. In: FloraWeb.de.
- Shine scabiosis . In: BiolFlor, the database of biological-ecological characteristics of the flora of Germany.
- Profile and distribution map for Bavaria . In: Botanical Information Hub of Bavaria .
- Scabiosa lucida Vill. In: Info Flora , the national data and information center for Swiss flora . Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- Thomas Meyer: Scabiosis data sheet with identification key and photos at Flora-de: Flora von Deutschland (old name of the website: Flowers in Swabia ).