Helmut Lübke, a trained carpenter, founded the upholstered furniture manufacturer COR Sitzmöbel at the age of 18 in 1954 with the participation of the Prince of Bentheim-Tecklenburg . In 1994 he handed over management of the company to his son Leo Lübke. A year later, he himself took over the management of the crisis-ridden sister company Interlübke , a furniture manufacturer that emerged from the joinery Gebr. Lübke GmbH & Co.KG of his father and uncle, as managing partner .
He was involved in numerous specialist committees. In 1966 he became chairman of the board of the Association of the German Upholstered Furniture Industry. In 1989 he became an advisory board member of the international furniture fair imm cologne in Cologne. In 1997 he became President of the Main Association of the German Wood and Plastics Processing Industry and Related Industries eV (HDH) and, in personal union, of the Association of the German Furniture Industry eV (VDM) . He was also a board member of the Association of the Wood Industry and Plastics Processing Westphalia-Lippe and a member of the Presidium of the Federal Association of German Employers' Associations (BDA) . He was a board member of the International Design Center Berlin (IDZ) . In 2001 he succeeded Randolf Rodenstock as President of the German Design Council .
In 1971 the Catholic Helmut Lübke was appointed Knight of the Order of the Knights of the Holy Sepulcher by Cardinal Grand Master Eugène Cardinal Tisserant and invested in the Imperial Cathedral of St. Bartholomew in Frankfurt am Main on December 4, 1971 by Lorenz Cardinal Jaeger , Grand Prior of the German Lieutenancy . He got involved in various social projects in the Holy Land .
Lübke died unexpectedly of the consequences of a heart failure during a mountain tour on Kilimanjaro in Kenya.
honors and awards
- Knight of the Holy Sepulcher (1971)
- Federal Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (2005)
- Congratulations: Helmut Lübke will be 70 tomorrow! moebelmarkt.de, June 9, 2006, accessed on January 27, 2015 .
- Farewell to Helmut Lübke , COR, accessed on January 26, 2015
- Norbert Winkeljohann: Economy in family hands: The secrets of success of the entrepreneurial dynasties , Campus Verlag 2010, p. 35 f.
- Annual Report 2004 , HDH, accessed on January 26, 2015
- The entrepreneur Helmut Lübke is dead , handelsblatt.com, accessed on January 26, 2015
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lübke, Helmut Franz|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German entrepreneur|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 10, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rheda|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 3, 2006|
|Place of death||Kilimanjaro , Kenya|