Urban-Emmerich owned a paper mill in Prague and was a gentleman driver in motor racing . In his career he won numerous hill climbs in Austro-Daimler , OM , Bugatti , Talbot and MG . He also took part in several European Grand Prix races on Voiturettes and Cyclecars .
Between 1926 and 1932 Hugo Urban-Emmerich took part in the German Grand Prix at the Nürburgring . He always used a Talbot 70 and an MG Midget Type C as a private driver . His best result here was fifth place in 1927 behind the Mercedes - factory team with Otto Merz , Christian Werner and Willy Walb and Eliška Junková on Bugatti .
Hugo Urban-Emmerich was married to the sister of his racing driver colleague Edgar Morawitz .
- Leif Snellman, Felix Muelas: Hugo Urban-Emmrich (CS). www.kolumbus.fi, November 8, 2016, accessed April 2, 2018 .
- Hugo Urban Emmerich. www.driverdb.com, accessed April 2, 2018 .
- Hugo Urban-Emmerich, Czechoslovakia. www.racingsportscars.com, accessed April 2, 2018 .
- Hugo Urban-Emmerich. www.racingyears.com, accessed April 2, 2018 .
- Edgar Morawitz. www.historicracing.com, accessed April 2, 2018 (English).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Czechoslovak automobile racing driver|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 28, 1887|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Prague|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 18, 1939|
|Place of death||Prague|