International Peace of Westphalia Prize
The International Peace Prize of Westphalia has been awarded every two years since 1998, the year of the 350th anniversary of the Peace of Westphalia .
Endowed by the Münster- based Economic Society for Westphalia and Lippe e. V. donated peace prize with 100,000 euros. The prize is awarded on the one hand to personalities or representatives of states and groups who have campaigned for the cohesion of Europe, and on the other hand to young people and youth organizations who have become role models for peace in the world through their actions. Half of the prize money goes to the two winners.
The jury for the International Peace of Westphalia Prize is made up (as of 2018):
- Reinhard Zinkann junior (chairman), managing partner of Miele & Cie. KG
- Jean-Claude Juncker , former Prime Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and former President of the European Commission
- Frank-Walter Steinmeier , Federal President of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Jens Weidmann , President of the Deutsche Bundesbank
- Georg Friedrich Prince of Prussia , head of the House of Hohenzollern
- Armin Laschet , Prime Minister of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Friedrich Merz , former deputy chairman of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
|year||Award winners||Youth Prize Winner|
|1998||Václav Havel||Gesto por la Paz|
|2000||Helmut Kohl||Ekola-Gymnasium , Conrad-von-Soest-Gymnasium|
|2002||Carla Del Ponte||Students help life|
|2006||Valéry Giscard d'Estaing , as a “convinced and convincing builder of Europe” and chairman of the EU constitutional convention||Young people who complete a voluntary social year at the V. Bodelschwinghsche Anstalten Bethel for their help in caring for the elderly and disabled|
|2008||Kofi Annan||The “Lebanon Project” of the Young Maltese Community|
|2010||Daniel Barenboim||West-Eastern Divan Orchestra|
|2012||Helmut Schmidt||Children for a better world|
|2014||The crews of the International Space Station||The youth work of the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge|
|2016||King Abdullah II of Jordan||Action atonement|
|2018||Estonia , Latvia and Lithuania||the ring of German scout associations|
|2020||Alexis Tsipras and Zoran Zaev||Plant-for-the-Planet|
- Website of the International Peace Prize in Westphalia
- Website of the Economic Society for Westphalia and Lippe e. V.
- ^ International Peace Prize of Westphalia , press release by the Economic Society for Westphalia and Lippe.