Jörg Brückner (historian)
Brückner comes from the mountain town of Johanngeorgenstadt in the Ore Mountains , where he published articles on local history in the regional press from 1983 onwards. In the same year he became a member of at this point in Cultural Association of the GDR settled Research Group Electoral Saxon post mile columns and recognized there u. a. the Royal Saxon milestones for the first time . As a later board member of this association, he was responsible for publishing the research group's newsletters for several years.
From 1988 he studied archival science and history at the Humboldt University in Berlin . He completed his studies in 1993 as a certified archivist, with the degree in history as a major corresponding to the Magister Artium . In 2003 he received his doctorate from the Technical University of Chemnitz on the subject of "Between imperial class and class rule: the Counts of Stolberg and their relationship to the Landgraves of Thuringia and later dukes, electors and kings of Saxony (1210 to 1815)" with Reiner Groß as a first assessor .
Brückner lives in Wernigerode and has been head of the Wernigerode location of the Magdeburg department of the Saxony-Anhalt state archive since 2002 . He is a member of the board of the Harz Association for History and Archeology and is a member of the Historical Commission for Saxony-Anhalt . Since 2015, initially together with Bernd Feicke (1950–2016), he has published the annual Harz journal of the Harz Association for History and Antiquity.
- The second state survey of the Electoral Saxony under Adam Friedrich Zürner (1679–1742) , Johanngeorgenstadt 1993.
- The Schwarzwassertal from the Fichtelberg to the Zwickauer Mulde in historical views. (with Kurt Burkhardt, Reinhart Heppner and Roland Stutzky), Horb am Neckar, Geiger 1993, ISBN 3-89264-770-4 .
- Saxon-Bohemian panoramic mountains of the western Ore Mountains in words and pictures with tourist information. , (with Reinhart Heppner and Helmut Schmidt), Horb am Neckar 2000, (2nd revised edition 2001), ISBN 3-89570-593-4 .
- Selected panoramic mountains of the Saxon-Bohemian Ore Mountains in historical postcards. , (with Reinhart Heppner), Horb am Neckar, Geiger 2000, ISBN 3-89570-593-4 .
- Residenzstadt Wernigerode: Stately buildings of a former prince's seat at the foot of the Brocken. , Halle an der Saale, Stekovics 2001, ISBN 3-932863-76-3 .
- Between imperial estates and estates: the Counts of Stolberg and their relationship to the Landgraves of Thuringia and later dukes, electors and kings of Saxony (1210 to 1815) , Dößel (Saalkreis): Stekovics 2005, ISBN 3-89923-119-8 ( Online edition ; PDF; 4.1 MB).
- Ulrich Flachs (edited by Jörg Brückner): On the history of the postal and telecommunications system in Wernigerode from its beginnings to 1945. (= Harz Research 25), Berlin and Wernigerode 2009, ISBN 978-3-86732-053-5 .
- Jörg Brückner, Andreas Erb, Christoph Volkmar (arrangement): Aristocratic archives in the state archives of Saxony-Anhalt. Overview of the holdings , Magdeburg 2012 (= publications of the State Archives Administration of the State of Saxony-Anhalt: Series A, Sources on the history of Saxony-Anhalt; 20), ISBN 978-3-930856-01-5 .
- Jörg Brückner, Dietrich Denecke , Haik Thomas Porada and Uwe Wegener : The high Harz. Cologne / Weimar 2016 (= Landscapes in Germany. Values of the German homeland ; 73), ISBN 978-3-412-20467-9 .
- Literature by and about Jörg Brückner in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Jörg Brückner in the Saxon Bibliography
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German archivist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||3rd September 1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Steinheidel-Erlabrunn|