|Jantschkifels / Junčkove peči|
|location||on the Hühnerkogel (Košenjak)|
|particularities||The border triangle of Carinthia, Styria and Slovenia|
The Jantschkifels , in Slovenian Junčkove peči , is a high rocky summit in the southern Koralpe. It forms the border triangle between the Austrian federal states of Carinthia and Styria with the Republic of Slovenia .
Location and landscape
The Jantschkifels lies in the southernmost, somewhat independent massif of the Koralpe, the Hühnerkogel (Košenjak, ), in the ridge eastwards to Kozji Vrh ( ). To the east lies the Styrian Laaken , to the north behind the valley of the Feistritz (Mučka Bistrica) Soboth , both communities Eibiswald . To the west lies the Carinthian St. Magdalena (Magdalensberg) in the municipality of Lavamünd on the Soboth Pass , the area belongs to the cadastral municipality of Lorenzenberg . Immediately to the south lies the Slovenian Kozji Vrh nad Dravogradom , municipality of Dravograd (Unterdrauburg) in Koroška, in the Drau Valley .
The summit rock appears as a relatively inconspicuous rock formation in the style of Koralm ovens - this is also the Slovenian name peč , oven ', meaning' rock 'or' cave ', borrowed from Pötsche in German .
The rock itself does not exactly form the country corner, on it is the boundary stone XV / 12 on the Carinthian-Slovenian border, the actual three-country corner is stone XV / 9 150 m to the east below. This is then also the most easterly point of Carinthia.
Nature and development
On the Slovenian side, the rock formation is designated as a natural value ( Lokalni naravne vrednot No. 7363 ). The area belongs to the Styrian landscape protection area Soboth – Radlpass (03), the Slovenian area of natural value Košenjak – Kozji vrh (7330) and the ecologically important area (Ekološko pomembna območja) Košenjak (43500). It is also part of the designated habitat of the brown bear (Življenjsko območje medveda).
A hiking trail that is part of the Südalpenweg (Austrian long-distance hiking trail 03) and Grenzpanoramaweg leads over the ridge . It changes the border here several times, and leads from Laaken over the Sveti Urban mountain chapel ( ) - Jantschkifels - Hühnerkogel to Lorenzenberg . Alternatively, a newer waymarking passes north a little below. Approaches are possible from all sides via numerous forest paths.
- Haymo Heritsch: Excursion to the crystal in the Koralpe. In: Mitteilungen des Naturwissenschaftlicher Verein der Steiermark 93 (1963), section Eklogitamphibolite and Amphibolite , p. 179, whole article p. 178–198, PDF on ZOBODAT there p. 2.
- Georg Kleinschmidt: The "Plankogel series" in the southern Koralpe with special consideration of manganese quartzites. In: Negotiations of the Federal Geological Institute 1974, Issue 2–3, pp. 351–362, PDF on ZOBODAT
- Günter Auferbauer, Luise Auferbauer: Styrian wine country. Rother hiking guide, Bergverlag Rother, 2007, ISBN 978-3-7633-4311-9 , hike No. 31, p. 94 ff.
- Grenzsteinslalom - #gowest day 6. Gert on gipfelrast.at, July 7, 2016 - directions with photo gallery (accessed October 19, 2016).
- 03 Südalpenweg, 6th stage: Laaken, Gh. Strutz - Lavamünd. gtwo on bergfex.at, July 10, 2013 - illustrated tour descriptions (accessed October 19, 2016).