Johann Georg Neuburg (medical doctor)
Neuburg was born as Simon Neuburg in Frankfurt's Judengasse . He studied medicine in Göttingen from 1780 to 1783 and in 1783 was employed as the third Jewish doctor in Frankfurt. In 1791 he was baptized as a Protestant and took the first name Johann Georg . In 1792 he married Marianne Margaretha Melber (1772–1797), a granddaughter of Johann Wolfgang Textor and cousin Johann Wolfgang von Goethe .
In 1817 he founded the Senckenbergische Naturforschende Gesellschaft together with Philipp Jakob Cretzschmar and other citizens of Frankfurt and was its first director until 1830. In the same year he also became a member of the Old Heidelberg Burschenschaft . In 1824 he was a co-founder of the Physikalischer Verein .
His son Johann Georg , born in 1795, was one of the leading politicians in the Free City of Frankfurt for decades . His daughter Johanna was married to the Frankfurt city architect Johann Friedrich Christian Hess .
- Wolfgang Klötzer (Hrsg.): Frankfurter Biographie . Personal history lexicon . Second volume. M – Z (= publications of the Frankfurt Historical Commission . Volume XIX , no. 2 ). Waldemar Kramer, Frankfurt am Main 1996, ISBN 3-7829-0459-1 , p. 93 .
- Helge Dvorak: Biographical Lexicon of the German Burschenschaft. Volume I: Politicians. Sub-Volume 4: M-Q. Winter, Heidelberg 2000, ISBN 3-8253-1118-X , p. 197.
- Neuburg, Johann Georg. Hessian biography (as of July 9, 2012). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS). Hessian State Office for Historical Cultural Studies (HLGL), accessed on August 25, 2015 .
- Neuburg, Johann Georg in the Frankfurt Personal Lexicon
- Heinz Fricke (Ed.): 150 Years of the Physikalischer Verein Frankfurt a. M. 1st edition. Physikalischer Verein, Frankfurt 1974, DNB 750868783 , The founders of the association, p. 12 .
|SURNAME||Neuburg, Johann Georg|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German doctor and scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 25, 1757|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 25, 1830|
|Place of death||Frankfurt am Main|