Johanna von Herzogenberg
Johanna von Herzogenberg (born June 23, 1921 at Sychrov Castle near Turnov in Northern Bohemia ; † February 20, 2012 in Munich ) was a Bohemian art historian and writer. She devoted herself to the cultural history of Bohemia and Salzburg.
Live and act
Johanna Maria Aglae Bertha Edeltrude Natalie Picot de Peccaduc Freiin von Herzogenberg came from an aristocratic Breton family. The family had lived in Bohemia since 1839. The baroness spent part of her childhood at Sychrov Castle and her youth in Birnai ( Brná nad Labem ) near Aussig . She studied art history , German literature and philosophy in Prague and Tübingen from 1939–43 . In 1943 she received her doctorate from Karl Ferdinand University in Prague. phil. with a work "on the design of the spiritual games of the late Middle Ages ". She then worked as a lecturer at the German Academy in Antwerp . After forced labor near Prague in 1945/46, the noblewoman was expelled from the ČSR .
From 1952 to 1986 Johanna von Herzogenberg, who was trained as a publisher and bookseller, was managing director, then until 2008 a member of the board of directors of the Adalbert Stifter Association . She was an honorary member of the association.
In 1970 she co-founded the Ostdeutsche Galerie in Regensburg and in 1968 the Flying Office to support Czech refugees and emigrants. Johanna von Herzogenberg gave lectures at home and abroad on literary and cultural-historical topics.
- Federal Cross of Merit on Ribbon (October 29, 1979)
- Bavarian Order of Merit
- New Year's Order
- Culture Prize of the City of Regensburg
- Adalbert Stifter Medal of the Sudeten German Landsmannschaft
- Waldschmidt Prize of the Eschlkam market
- Medal of Merit (Czech Republic) ( Medaile za zásluhy ) by President Václav Havel (2003)
- Prague . A guide, Prestel Verlag Munich 1966
- Between the Danube and the Vltava . Bavarian Forest and Bohemian Forest; The Mühlviertel and South Bohemia, Prestel Verlag Munich 1968
- And they hurried to Bethlehem . The crib from Trebitsch, Prestel Verlag 1990
- Sheets of pictures from my life , Oldenbourg Verlag Munich 1999
- Salzburg , Vitalis Verlag 2006
- Literature by and about Johanna Herzogenberg in the catalog of the German National Library
- http://www.stifterverein.de/de/verein/vorstand.htm (see treasurer)
- ↑ http://www.herhabenberg.ch/merker_sychrow.htm
- ↑ http://www.novinky.cz/vase-zpravy/zahranici/nemecko/860-9367-historicka-a-organizatorka-cesko-nemeckych-projektu-johanna-von-herhabenbergova-zemrela.html%7Ctext=Article on death by Johanna von Herzogenberg in the Czech language
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160805140458/https://www.stifterverein.de/de/der-verein/verbindungen-haben/ehrenverbindungen/ehrenverbindungen.html ?
- ↑ Office of the Federal President
|SURNAME||Herzogenberg, Johanna von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Herzogenberg, Johanna|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bohemian-German art historian and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 23, 1921|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sychrov Castle near Turnov, Northern Bohemia|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 20, 2012|
|Place of death||Munich|