John Frederick Olden , also John F. Olden , actually Friedrich Arzt (born October 3, 1918 in Vienna ; † September 12, 1965 in Bullenhausen ) was an Austrian television director , film producer and screenwriter whose productions made German television history.
John Olden received acting lessons and then got an engagement at the Volkstheater in Vienna. He also worked as a cabaret artist . He emigrated to London in 1939 and took part in the Second World War as a British soldier . He then came to Germany in 1945 as a British theater officer , where he took part in the reconstruction of the destroyed Hamburg theaters. In 1949 he received a license for the production of feature films and founded "Sphinx-Film GmbH", which however only produced two films in 1949/50 ( Meine Niece Susanne and Cuba Cocktail ). After that, he initially worked as a radio director and producer for television programs, for example Maxim on trips or 1-0 for… Düsseldorf with Peter Frankenfeld .
From 1953 to 1965 he staged over 40 television plays for NDR , especially comedies and comedies. John Olden married actress Inge Meysel in 1956 . Since 1960 he has held the post of senior game director in the television company of the North German Broadcasting Corporation in Hamburg. He died of a heart attack in 1965 while filming The Gentlemen Pay Off. He rests next to his wife in the Ohlsdorf cemetery in Hamburg.
- 1950: My niece Susanne
- 1954: The Ministry is offended
- 1954: on the sixth floor; News from the sixth floor; End of the sixth floor (three-part comedy)
- 1955: The matchmaker
- 1955: charming lady
- 1955: How did this happen to me?
- 1955: Meeting point in Kiel
- 1955: The sold grandfather
- 1956: Nobody dies easily
- 1956: The dyer and his twin brother
- 1957: the spendthrift
- 1957: great night
- 1957: The heart specialist
- 1958: Our father
- 1958: love affair
- 1958: Juchten and Lavender
- 1958: The defendant
- 1958: Looking back in anger (also producer)
- 1959: The rats
- 1959: The Other (six-part television series, producer)
- 1959: melody and rhythm
- 1960: Time and the Conways
- 1960: Waldhausstraße 20 (also producer)
- 1960: Mrs. Irene Besser
- 1960: One of seven
- 1960: Madame Sans-Gêne
- 1960: The difficult one
- 1960: Look home, angel
- 1961: Call to passion
- 1961: Allow me, my name is Cox (TV series, 13 episodes)
- 1961: on the 6th floor
- 1962: A book with chapters
- 1962: Golden Boy
- 1962: The beaver fur (also screenplay)
- 1962: Der Rote Hahn (also screenplay)
- 1962: The happy years of the Thorwalds
- 1963: Lieutenant Gustl
- 1963: Port Police (TV series)
- 1964: The Carl von O.
- 1964: Court box
- 1964: In a garden in Aviamo
- 1965: On the beautiful blue Danube
- 1966: The gentlemen ask for cash
- Wolfgang Jacobsen: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 19, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1999, ISBN 3-428-00200-8 , p. 506 f. ( ). In:
- Olden, John F. , in: Frithjof Trapp , Bärbel Schrader, Dieter Wenk, Ingrid Maaß: Handbook of the German-speaking Exile Theater 1933 - 1945. Volume 2. Biographical Lexicon of Theater Artists . Munich: Saur, 1999, ISBN 3-598-11375-7 , p. 708
- Sphinx-Film GmbH (Hamburg) on filmportal.de, accessed on May 15, 2013.
- Olden, John ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at fernsehmuseum-hamburg.de, accessed on May 15, 2013.
- Report of 22 September 1965: Died John Olden on spiegel.de, accessed on May 15, 2013.
- THE GOLDEN CAMERA 1966 - January 12, 1967 ( Memento of the original from February 9, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at goldenekamera.de, accessed on May 15, 2013.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Olden, John Frederick (full name); Olden, John F .; Doctor, Friedrich (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian television director, film producer and screenwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 3, 1918|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 12, 1965|
|Place of death||Bullenhausen|