The Boston- born Matranga was the head of the following projects:
Matranga is continuing the solo project onelinedrawing under its own name.
His last band was called Gratitude and released their debut album on Atlantic Records in 2005 . But this project also proved to be not particularly long-lived: Their last show Gratitude played on November 23, 2005 in Minneapolis . After that, the band separated "in friendship".
Matranga was also a guest on Thursdays War All The Time , on the Deftones - Raritätensammlung B-Sides and Rarities , and Fort Minors The Rising Tied . He also has a guest appearance in the piece "The Instrumental" by rapper Lupe Fiasco on his album "Food & Liquor" (2006), which was produced by Linkin Park member Mike Shinoda .
On September 21, 2007, Jonah Matranga released his solo debut "And" with 11 new self-written songs on the Arctic Rodeo Recordings label. The album was recorded in the studio by label colleague Ian Love.
Matranga now lives in San Francisco . He has a daughter but is unmarried. According to his own information, he is a big fan of the bands U2 , Led Zeppelin and The Clash as well as the director Martin Scorsese .
- 1994: Jonah Sonz Matranga - Songs I Hope My Mom Will Like
- 1998: Jonah Matranga - Jonah's One-line Drawing
- 1999: onelinedrawing - Sketchy EP # 1
- 2000: onelinedrawing - Sketchy EP # 2
- 2000: onelinedrawing / Sense Field - Split
- 2001: onelinedrawing / Rival Schools - Split
- 2001: onelinedrawing - Always New Jan-Jun 2000
- 2002: onelinedrawing - Always New Jul-Dec 2000
- 2002: onelinedrawing - Visitor ( Jade Tree )
- 2004: onelinedrawing - The Volunteers (Jade Tree)
- 2005: Jonah Matranga - There's A Lot In Here (DVD)
- 2005: Jonah Matranga - Sketchy EP # 3
- 2006: Jonah Matranga / Frank Turner Split
- 2006: Jonah Matranga - The Three Sketchys
- 2007: Jonah Matranga - And
- 1991: Far - Sweat A River, Live No Lies
- 1992: Far - Listening Game (Rusty Nail Records)
- 1994: Far - Quick (Our Own Records)
- 1996: Far - Tin Cans With Strings To You ( Epic / Immortal)
- 1997: Far - Soon EP (Epic / Immortal)
- 1998: Far - Water & Solutions (Epic / Immortal)
- 2001: New End Original - Thriller (Jade Tree)
- 2005: Gratitude - Gratitude ( Atlantic )
- 2010: Far - at night we live (Vagrant)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Matranga, Jonah Sonz (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American singer and guitarist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11th August 1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Massachusetts|