Capsules of the Rehoboth Baster
The Constitution of Namibia from 1990 divides the Rehoboth-Baster- Kapteinen no special rights to, such as the traditional leaders of other tribes within Namibia. Your administration, the Basterrat , was dissolved. Internally, however, the Basters stick to their traditional structures. Politically, the Rehoboth Baster are represented by the United People's Movement party. They continued to campaign officially for the independence of the Rehoboth area .
Rehoboth baster capsules
- Hermanus van Wyk , * 1835 † 1905; 1868-1905
- Cornelius van Wyk , † 1924; (1905) 1914-1924
- Albert Mouton ; 1924-1925
- Nicolaas van Wyk 1 ; 1924-1933
- Dap Izaaks 1 , † 2005; 1998–1999 (transitional)
- John McNab ; 1999-2018
- Martin Dentlinger 1 ; since 2018 (interim)
- Official site of the Rehoboth Baster (English)
- Baster community meeting derails. Namibian Sun, March 13, 2018.
- Jeroen Zandberg: Rehoboth Griqua Atlas. Lulu.com, 2nd Edition, 2013, ISBN 978-1-4452-7242-9 , document page 1.