Dukovany nuclear power plant
|Dukovany nuclear power plant|
Active reactors (gross):
|4 (1824 MW)|
|Energy fed in in 2010:||13,288.4 GWh|
|Energy fed in since commissioning:||301,616.77 GWh|
|Was standing:||May 17, 2011|
|The data source of the respective entries can be found in the documentation .|
The Czech nuclear power plant Dukovany (Czech Jaderná elektrárna Dukovany , also JEDU for short, rarely EDU) is located on the territory of the municipalities of Dukovany and Rouchovany in South Moravia . It is located about 35 kilometers southwest of Brno and 100 kilometers north of Vienna .
From 1976 the villages of Heřmanice , Lipňany and Skryje were evacuated. Construction of the first two units in a twin arrangement began on January 1, 1979, and construction of units 3 and 4 began on March 1, 1979. On May 3, 1985, the first reactor unit was put into operation. Unit 2 went into operation on March 21, 1986. Unit 3 went into operation on December 20 of the same year. In the 4th block, the first synchronization with the power grid was carried out on July 19, 1987 after more than eight years of construction.
According to the current status, the shutdown of the first reactor block isplanned for 2025 , as the planned duration of 40 years will then be reached.
In February 2012, the Czech Industry and Trade Minister Martin Kuba announced the prospect of building another reactor in Dukovany. In April 2020, after several years of preparatory work, a contract was signed with ČEZ for the development of a single 1200 MWe unit; The aim is to realize it in 2029 and to complete it in 2036. The cost of construction is estimated at 10 to 12 billion euros. It is currently assumed that the energy company CEZ will take over the financing of the new reactors.
The four reactors are Russian-type pressurized water reactors ( WWER ) of the 440 series. Version 213 of the WWER-440 is the second generation of nuclear reactors, developed by the Soviet Union between 1970 and 1980.
The lack of containment offers less protection for the system against external influences - such as B. Destruction by a plane crash - as well as against escaping radioactivity in serious accidents in the reactor room. Furthermore, the installation of the blocks in two twin systems with a common central room for two reactors each and the amalgamation of numerous safety and service facilities is also viewed as a risk, since the other reactor cannot be fully shielded in the event of an accident.
In early February 2016, both the operator and the Czech nuclear supervisory authority filed a criminal complaint after the latter discovered that all X-ray images of the welds had been systematically manipulated. According to the Czech nuclear regulatory authority, the seams in the primary circuit are not affected by this affair. Block 2 is currently (as of February 2016) still unscheduled deactivated. On November 25, 2018, reactor block 1 was shut down after a leaky pipe was suspected in the area of the steam generator.
Mention in the media
Dukovany is also the sideline of the Austrian film Der Erste Tag, produced in 2008 .
Data of the reactor blocks
The Dukovany nuclear power plant has four blocks :
|Reactor block||Reactor type||net
|start of building||Network
of essential operation
|Dukovany-1||WWER-440/213||471 MW||505 MW||01/01/1979||02/24/1985||05/03/1985||(Planned for 2025)|
|Dukovany-2||WWER-440/213||471 MW||505 MW||01/01/1979||01/30/1986||03/21/1986||(Planned for 2026)|
|Dukovany-3||WWER-440/213||471 MW||505 MW||03/01/1979||11/14/1986||December 20, 1986||(Planned for 2027)|
|Dukovany-4||WWER-440/213||471 MW||505 MW||03/01/1979||06/11/1987||07/19/1987||(Planned for 2028)|
Integration into the power grid
The electricity generated in the blocks is sent via high-voltage lines to the Slavětice collective substation, where the load distributor is located. A 380 kV line also leads from the Slavětice substation to Austria to the Dürnrohr substation .
- Czechoslovakia nuclear program
- List of nuclear power plants
- List of VVER
- Dukovany repository
- List of power plants in the Czech Republic
- Homepage of the AKW (English)
- Plague: Dukovany (Czech Republic)
- Some information about the Dukovany nuclear power plant reyl.de
- Technical details and incidents
- press release. ( Memento of the original from September 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. FEDERATION
- New block in the Dukovany nuclear power plant in prospect . In: Der Standard , February 13, 2012, accessed February 13, 2012
- Czech government approves agreements with CEZ on new Dukovany unit. April 30, 2020, accessed April 30, 2020 .
- Aleksandra Fedorska: CZECH REPUBLIC RELIES ON NUCLEAR FORCE AGAINST ALL RESISTANCE. In: energate.de. November 1, 2019, accessed July 26, 2020 .
- sloppiness with a system? Nuclear regulators criticize lax inspection of welds in nuclear power plants . radio.cz/de
- Czech Dukovany Nuclear Power Plant: Unscheduled reactors shut down for inspection
- Breakdown in the Dukovany nuclear power plant in the Czech Republic Westfälische Rundschau , November 26, 2018
- Power Reactor Information System of the IAEA : "Czech Republic: Nuclear Power Reactors" (English)