La Esperanza (Riberalta)
|Residents (state)||472 pop. (2012 census)|
|province||Province of Vaca Díez|
Climate diagram Riberalta
Location in the vicinity
La Esperanza is the third largest town in the district ( Bolivian : Municipio ) Riberalta in the province of Vaca Díez . The village is located at an altitude of directly south of the city of Riberalta on a silted oxbow lake of the Río Beni . Today the place is 4 kilometers from the river.
La Esperanza is located in the Bolivian part of the Amazon basin in the northern corner of the country near the border with Brazil.
The average annual temperature in the region is 26 ° C and fluctuates only slightly between 25 ° C in May and 27–28 ° C from December to February (see climate diagram Riberalta). The annual precipitation is about 1,300 mm, with a pronounced dry season from June to August with monthly precipitation below 20 mm, and a humidity period from December to January with monthly precipitation of more than 200 mm.
The population of the village has almost quadrupled in the past two decades:
La Esperanza is located at a distance of 880 kilometers by road north of Trinidad , the capital of the Beni department.
From Trinidad, the Ruta 3 trunk road leads west via San Ignacio de Moxos and San Borja to Yucumo, 280 kilometers away, and further towards La Paz . In Yucumo , Ruta 8 branches off to the north in the direction of Rurrenabaque and reaches La Esperanza after 600 kilometers.
The distance to Riberalta , however, is only 7 kilometers.
- INE - Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia 1992
- INE - Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia 2001
- INE - Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia 2012 ( Memento of the original from July 22, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Puerto Gonzalo Moreno region - topographic map 1: 100,000 (PDF; 10.80 MB)
- Municipio Riberalta - General Maps No. 80201
- Municipio Riberalta - detailed map and population data (PDF; 2.12 MB) ( Spanish )
- Departamento Beni - Social data of the provinces and municipalities (PDF; 3.82 MB) ( Spanish )