|World Rally Championship (WRC)|
|First rally:||Ivory Coast Rally 1991|
|Last rally:||Rally Wales 2007|
|Vehicle:||Citroën Xsara WRC|
Manfred Stohl (born July 7, 1972 in Vienna ) is the son of the Austrian rally legend Rudi Stohl . In 1991, the master mechanic entered the rally scene as an active driver, having previously gained experience as his father's co-driver.
So far he has participated in well over 100 races of the World Rally Championship (WRC). Since 1998 he has competed in almost all competitions (both nationally and internationally) with his co-driver and technician Ilka Minor .
In 2006 Manfred Stohl was the first Austrian to take part in all 16 rally world championship races with a Peugeot 307 WRC from the Bozian Racing team. He was a team mate of the Norwegian Henning Solberg , the older brother of World Rally Champion (2003) Petter Solberg , in the OMV Peugeot Norway World Rally Team . In the first competition of the season in 2006, the Monte Carlo Rally , the Viennese won two special stages for the first time in his career and in the end took an impressive fourth place overall.
In 2007 Manfred Stohl is driving a Citroën Xsara WRC from Kronos Racing again after 2005 and, like in 2006, will contest all world championship races. His team mate for 6 World Championship races is the Swede Daniel Carlsson .
- 2009: Vice-champion in the overall ranking of the Austrian state rally championship
- 2007: 9th place in the standings of the FIA - World Rally Championship with 13 points
- 2006: 4th place in the overall ranking of the FIA World Rally Championship with 54 points
- 2006: 2nd place in Rally Wales
- 2006: 3rd place in the New Zealand Rally
- 2006: 3rd place at the Rally Australia
- 2006: 4th place in the Argentina Rally (also Stohl's 100th World Championship round)
- 2006: 3rd place in the Mexico Rally
- 2006: 4th place in the Monte Carlo Rally , with best times in the 17th and 18th special stages
- 2005: 9th place in the overall ranking of the FIA World Rally Championship with 22 points, making it the best private driver
- 2005: 3rd place at the Rally Australia
- 2005: 2nd place in the Cyprus Rally
- 2000: Group N rally world champion
- 1998: 1st place in Group N in Monte Carlo , Corsica and Great Britain
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian rally driver|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 7, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|