Martin Rink (* 1966 in Kaufbeuren ) is a German military historian and former military service officer. He is a research fellow at the Center for Military History and Social Sciences of the Bundeswehr in Potsdam.
In 1985 Rink joined the paratrooper troops of the Bundeswehr as a temporary soldier . From 1989 to 1993 he studied political and social sciences with a major in modern and contemporary history at the University of the Federal Armed Forces Munich in Neubiberg (diploma 1993). He was used as a troop officer, most recently as a company commander in Merzig . In 1995 he was on assignment abroad in the former Yugoslavia ( UNPROFOR ). 1996 ended his active service as captain .
He took up a historical doctoral degree and became a partisan in 1998 at the Political and Social Science Faculty of the Bundeswehr University in Munich with the dissertation from “Partheyganger” to Partisan, which was initiated by Hans Schmidt and examined by Walter Demel and Bernhard R. Kroener . The conception of the little war in Prussia 1740–1813 for Dr. rer. pole. for which he received the Werner Hahlweg Prize (2nd prize) at the 43rd German Historians' Day in Aachen in 2000 .
From 1997 to 2009 the reserve officer (last rank lieutenant colonel of the reserve) was involved in research projects at the Military History Research Office (MGFA) during his military exercises as a staff history officer, where he became an employee in 2009. In the meantime, he worked for the online editorial team of a communications company in Berlin. Since 2005 he has been a lecturer at the Historical Institute of the University of Potsdam and since 2010 at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Munich.
Rink published in u. a. DAMALS , Austrian military magazine , military history. Historical Education Journal and Military History Journal . He is also the author of articles in the Encyclopedia of Modern Times and in the dossier of the Federal Agency for Civic Education . He gave lectures, for example, at the leadership academy of the Bundeswehr , for the Society for Defense and Security Policy and the Working Group on the Military and Society in the Early Modern Age .
- From “party goer” to partisan. The conception of the little war in Prussia 1740–1813 (= European university publications / 3). Lang, Frankfurt am Main 1999, ISBN 3-631-35109-7 .
- ed. with Klaus-Jürgen Bremm , Hans-Hubertus Mack : Decided for Peace. 50 years of the Bundeswehr. 1955 to 2005 . Rombach, Freiburg im Breisgau 2005, ISBN 3-7930-9438-3 .
- with Helmut R. Hammerich , Dieter H. Kollmer , Rudolf J. Schlaffer : Das Heer 1950 to 1970. Concept, organization and deployment (= security policy and armed forces of the Federal Republic of Germany, Volume 3). Oldenbourg, Munich 2006, ISBN 978-3-486-57974-1 .
- 50 years of the Military History Research Office. A chronicle . Edited by the Military History Research Office, be.bra verlag, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-937233-47-5 .
- Middle East (= guide to history). 2nd revised edition, on behalf of the Military History Research Office, ed. by Bernhard Chiari and Dieter H. Kollmer with the assistance of Martin Rink, Schöningh, Paderborn 2009, ISBN 978-3-506-76759-2 .
- Is There Anything New in Small-scale Warfare? Developments in Asymmetric Violence, 1740-1815 (= Working Papers in Military and International History, 6). European Studies Research Institute, Salford / Manchester 2009, ISBN 9781902496566 .
- ed. with Karl-Heinz Lutz, Marcus von Salisch: Reform, reorganization, transformation. On the change in the German armed forces from the Prussian army reforms to the transformation of the Bundeswehr . Commissioned by the Military History Research Office, Oldenbourg, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-486-59714-1 .
- The Bundeswehr 1950 / 55–1989 (= military history compact . 6). DeGruyter Oldenbourg, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-11-044096-6 .
- ed. with Dieter H. Kollmer, Torsten Konopka: Central Africa (= guide to history ). On behalf of the Center for Military History and Social Sciences of the Bundeswehr in cooperation with the National Defense Academy of the Austrian Armed Forces. Ferdinand Schöningh, Paderborn 2015, ISBN 978-3-506-78470-4 .
- ed. with Martin Hofbauer : Battle of the Nations near Leipzig. Processes, consequences, meanings 1813–1913–2013 (= contributions to military history . Volume 77). De Gruyter Oldenbourg, Berlin 2017, ISBN 978-3-11-046244-9 .
- Literature by and about Martin Rink in the catalog of the German National Library
- Martin Rink at the Center for Military History and Social Sciences of the Bundeswehr
- Martin Rink at the University of Potsdam
- Martin Rink at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Munich
- ↑ Martin Rink: From “Partheyganger” to Partisan. The conception of the little war in Prussia 1740–1813 . Frankfurt am Main 1999, no p.
- ↑ For works on military history . In: Rhein-Zeitung , October 7, 2000.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kaufbeuren|