Michael Andreas Ling (born September 24, 1962 in Ludwigshafen am Rhein ) is emeritus legal advisor of the Diocese of Mainz , honorary professor at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz and a member of the advisory board of the Federal Association of German Foundations for the German Bishops' Conference .
Ling was born on September 24, 1962 in Ludwigshafen am Rhein. After high school and military service, he studied law and Catholic theology at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz and did his doctorate on criminal law work with Justus Krümpelmann . On April 1, 1999, he was appointed to the service of the Diocese of Mainz by Bishop Karl Lehmann , of which he was legal advisor from January 1, 2000 to August 24, 2017.
Since 1994 Ling has been teaching criminal law at the Faculty of Law and Economics at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz . In October 2005 he was appointed honorary professor at the University of Mainz by Prime Minister Kurt Beck .
In 2004 he was appointed Knight of the Order of the Knights of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem by Cardinal Grand Master Carlo Cardinal Furno and invested on April 24, 2004 by Anton Schlembach , Grand Prior of the Order. From October 2005 to September 2013 Ling was Chief Commander of the Commandery St. Hildegard Mainz / Wiesbaden of the Order of Knights. On May 9, 2014, at the Investiture in Aachen, he was appointed Commander with a star.
- "The interruption of the causal connection through the voluntary intervention of a third party: an investigation into the history of dogma", Berlin 1996.
- Co-author: "New Yearbook for the Diocese of Mainz: Bonifatius in Mainz: Bd. 2005", Mainz 2005.
- "Die Ausbeuterische Prostitution", in: Goltdammer's Archive for Criminal Law 1997 , p. 486 ff.
- "Conviction and judicial responsibility using the example of proof of intent in atypical situations", in: Czasopismo Prawa Karnego I Nauk Penalnych 1997 , p. 123 ff.
- "On breach of custody in the event of theft, especially in self-service shops", in: Journal for the entire criminal law science 1998 , p. 119 ff.
- "At the limits of rational clarification. Conviction and judicial responsibility using the example of proof of intent in atypical situations", in: Juristenteitung 1999 , p. 335 ff.
- "On the clergy's privilege in criminal law", in: Goltdammer's Archive for Criminal Law 2001 , p. 325 ff.
- "Freedom of religion and public peace", in: Church and Law 2004, pp. 59–71.
- "On the current ecclesiastical criminal law", in: Juristenteitung 2004 , p. 596 ff.
- "Church Office and Church Officials in the Catholic Church in Germany", in: ZBR 2006 , p. 238 ff.
- "Clergyman according to § 53 Abs. 1 Satz 1 Nr. 1 StPO - a position determination" in: Kirche und Recht 2008 , pp. 70-77.
- "Rescue attempts. On the influence of secular on ecclesiastical criminal law through the application of the guidelines of the German Bishops' Conference on dealing with sexual abuse", in: Matthias Pulte (ed.) - "Tendenzen der kirchlichen criminal law development", Paderborn, 2017, p. 147 ff .
- Website of the legal department of the diocese of Mainz
- Ling at the Federal Association of German Foundations
- Ling as the foundation commissioner of the diocese of Mainz
- ↑ Professor Ling is retiring. Retrieved September 4, 2017 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ling, Michael Andreas (full name); Ling, Michael A.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 24, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ludwigshafen am Rhein|