Robert Schediwy visited the BRG7 Kandlgasse and subsequently studied law in Vienna, where he received his doctorate in 1969. iur. PhD , and economics (in Vienna and St. Louis , Missouri , MA 1971). His main job was first at the University of Vienna , then as head of the department for consumer cooperatives and public economy of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce (WKÖ). In addition, he published numerous articles on political, economic and cultural topics. Schediwy at the University of Vienna, at the Webster University Vienna and at the State University of Kuopio taught and is on the latter since 1998 in the subject "Social Economy" habilitation .
Politics and economics : Schediwy's first book, Empirische Politik (Europaverlag Vienna 1980), deals, among other things, with the influence of demoscopy on politics and with the model of referendum democracy in Switzerland . His publications on cooperative studies, for example his contributions to J. Brazda , R. Schediwy, “Consumer Cooperatives in a Changing World” ( International Co-operative Alliance , Geneva 1989), primarily deal with the life cycle and the current crisis of cooperative and public service enterprises.
Urban themes : “Green in the big city” (together with Franz Baltzarek , Edition Tusch 1982) examines the economic origins of large urban green spaces. "Stadtbildverluste Wien" (together with Dieter Klein and Martin Kupf , latest edition LIT Verlag Wien 2005) deals with the decline of valuable Viennese buildings after 1945 due to speculative pressure to rebuild. “Städtebilder” (LIT Verlag Wien 2005) is a collection of articles on urban issues ranging from the legitimacy of building unfinished cathedrals to the architecture of Stalinism . “Reconstruction - Reclaimed Heritage or Useless Kitsch?” (2011) deals with the controversially discussed question of the reconstruction of destroyed buildings and the concept of authenticity in architecture, “Retrospect on Modernism” (2014) deals with the provocative claims of innovation tendencies in art and 20th century literature
On the occasion of his 70th birthday, Schediwy received a commemorative publication. It was edited by Johann Brazda and Holger Blisse and is also available online.
More recently, the author has also been engaged in biographical interviews , on the one hand in the sense of documenting a story from below for the documentation of biographical records at the Institute for Economic and Social History of the University of Vienna - but on the other hand also in the context of the book Zeitzeugen und Gestalterischer Österreichischer Wirtschaftsppolitik ( together with Jörg Mahlich, Vienna 2008) in which leaders, politicians such as Ferdinand Lacina , Alois Mock and Franz Vranitzky, and businesspeople were also interviewed.
- Short biography and reviews of works by Robert Schediwy at perlentaucher.de
- Literature by Robert Schediwy in the Austrian Union Catalog (with numerous links to full texts)
- Literature by and about Robert Schediwy in the catalog of the German National Library
- Book presentation Reconstruction, December 1, 2011 with Hermann Schlösser
- Playlist book presentation "Minorities" , introduction by Wolfgang Maderthaner
- Weltreiseblog in the Wiener Zeitung online, together with Renate Schediwy-Oppolzer, pseudonym: Hans and Karoline Kneidinger
Excerpts from Schediwy's writings:
- Excerpts from city pictures (2005)
- Excerpts from the Critical Glossary (2005)
- Excerpts from A Century of Illusions (2008)
- Extracts from reconstruction (2011)
- Excerpts from: A look back at the modern age
- A Time of Crises - Electronic version of the large consumer cooperative project of the 1980s , Eds. Johann Brazda and Robert Schediwy (PDF; 3.0 MB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian social scientist and cultural journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 2, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|