Rudi Bauer (drummer)
Rudi Bauer comes from a family of musicians in Erding; he is the brother of the double bass player Stephan Bauer (Niederbayerische Philharmonie), the brother of the music cabaret artist Martin Bauer and the uncle of the jazz pianist and composer Andreas Begert .
At the age of fourteen he began classical drums training. Two years later he was awarded the national prize at the Jugend musiziert competition in the percussion / ensemble category. At the age of nineteen he was finally awarded the first federal prize in the field of percussion / solo.
This was followed by studies at the University of Music and Theater in Munich with Peter Sadlo . During this time there was a close collaboration with Edgar Guggeis, among others in the “Ensemble for Percussive Art Munich”. After graduating, Bauer decided to study with Guggeis in a master class. In addition, during his training he took a one-year guest study with Franz Lang at the University of Music in Trossingen.
In 1997 he took part in the international music competition of the ARD and emerged from it as the most successful German drummer. From 1997 to 2018 he was a member and marimba soloist of the formation “Power! Percussion ".
Rudi Bauer has given concerts as a soloist and chamber musician at the Hong Kong Drum Festival, the Salzburg Festival , the New Music Festival St. Petersburg, the Evian Music Festival and in the Forbidden City Concert Hall Beijing. As a solo timpanist and percussionist, he worked closely with the Munich Chamber Orchestra . He had other engagements at the Bavarian State Opera , the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra , the Munich Philharmonic and the Vienna Sound Forum . He plays under the conductors Sergiu Celibidache , Sir Georg Solti , Zubin Metha , Kent Nagano and Valery Gergiev, a. a. He has worked on radio and television productions for Bayerischer Rundfunk , ARD , ZDF , RBB, SWR, MDR, NDR and CCTV 4 (China), as well as on CD productions for Deutsche Grammophon , Sony Music, EMI Classic etc.
Since 2006 he has been giving regular concerts in Asia and Europe with his former college friend, the Chinese drum soloist Li Biao. In 2014 they went on a joint tour through South America.
From 2008 to 2014 he was a lecturer for percussion and rhythm at the University for Catholic Church Music and Music Education in Regensburg. Rudi Bauer has been a percussion lecturer in the fields of elementary music education and teaching at the University of Music and Theater in Munich since 2019 . As a teacher, percussionist and performer, he gives workshops for children, young people and adults. Rudi Bauer is also active as a co-author and composer.
- Editing of the "Air" by JSBach for marimba
- "Lumen" for marimba, choir and orchestra
- "Drum Araund" for Led Drum Wheel
- Own web presence
- Web presence for workshops and team events
- Rudi Bauer on the website of the University of Music and Theater Munich
- "At home, I'm extra excited" - Bewie Bauer performs in Erding. September 17, 2019, accessed June 15, 2020 .
- Rudi Bauer | multipercussion artist, powerful drum shows, team building. Retrieved June 28, 2020 .
- 'Power Percussion' is more than just drumming. January 12, 2015, accessed June 28, 2020 .
- Majestic Drums XXI | HKCO. Retrieved June 28, 2020 (English).
- Li Biao. In: River Concerts. Retrieved June 28, 2020 (German).
- Rudi Bauer. University of Music and Drama Munich, accessed on June 28, 2020 .
- Drum Together | Team building for companies and schools. Retrieved on August 13, 2020 (German).
- Air, Ouverture (Suite) No.3, D-Dur, II. Air, Opus: BWV 1068 (Arranged for Marimba) by Rudi Bauer on Amazon Music - Amazon.de. Retrieved August 17, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German drummer and multi-percussionist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 13, 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erding|