Sarkis Andreyevich Saltykov
Sarkis Andreyevich Saltykov , and Sarkis Andreyevich Saltikjan ( Armenian Սարգիս Անդրեասի Սալտիքյան , Russian Саркис Андреевич Салтыков (Салтикян) * August 28 . Jul / 10. September 1905 . Greg in Tschaltyr , † 1983 ) was an Armenian - Russian Metallurg and university teachers .
Saltykov was the son of an Armenian family. In 1930 he began his professional career in the Rostselmasch agricultural machinery factory in Rostov-on-Don . He studied steels theoretically and experimentally and developed new alloys . He became a recognized specialist in the heat treatment of steels and cast iron . By the beginning of the German-Soviet War in 1941, he published more than 50 specialist articles.
In 1937 Saltykow began to systematically investigate the spatial distribution of the structural components in alloys. He then expanded these investigations in Yerevan . In 1950 the Armenian Academy of Sciences published Saltykov's monograph Introduction to Stereometric Metallography . This laid the foundation for the new science of stereology .
In 1953 Saltykov became a lecturer at the K. Marx Polytechnic Institute in Yerevan . In 1961 the International Society for Stereology was founded . In 1976 Saltykov's textbook on stereometric metallography was published.
- Honored Scientist and Technician of the Armenian SSR
- Honorary member of the Armenian Academy of Sciences (1965)
- State Prize of the Armenian SSR (1974)
- The 70th Birthday of Sarkis Andreevich Saltykov . In: Metallovedenie i Termicheskaya Obrabotka Metallov . No. 2 , 1976, p. 27 .
- САЛТЫКОВ САРКИС АНДРЕЕВИЧ К 100-ЛЕТИЮ СО ДНЯ РОЖДЕНИЯ . In: Изв. НАН РА и ГИУА. Сер. ТН . tape LVIII , 2005, p. 1-3 .
- Sarkis A. Saltykov: Stereometric Metallography . VEB German publishing house for basic industry, Leipzig 1974.
- International Society for Stereology (accessed October 2, 2016).
- С. А. Салтыков: Стереометрическая металлография (Стереология металлических материалов): ивебное пособя . Металлургия, Moscow 1976.
|SURNAME||Saltykov, Sarkis Andreevich|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Saltikjan, Sarkis Andrejewitsch; Սարգիս Անդրեասի Սալտիքյան (Armenian); Салтыков, Саркис Андреевич (Russian); Салтикян, Саркис Андреевич (Russian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Armenian-Russian metallurgist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 10, 1905|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tschaltyr|
|DATE OF DEATH||1983|