Brauburger studied political science , history and education (MA). After that he was u. a. involved in the research project “The German Way” at the Institute for Political Science at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz .
In 1991 he started working as a freelancer for the ZDF editorial team “Contemporary History”. From 1995 to 1997 he was program officer for editor-in-chief Klaus Bresser . In 1998 he became deputy head of the “Contemporary History” program area. In 2013 he took over the management of the “Contemporary History” editorial team in HR Culture, History and Science.
He is a co-initiator of the Nation's Memory project and has contributed to a. for ZDF-History and the heute-journal . He also edited numerous films and documentaries and is co-author (with Peter Arens and Guido Knopp ) of several books.
- 1998: Karl-Friedrich-Schinkel-Ring of the German National Committee for Monument Protection
- Wernher von Braun. A German genius between delusion and rocket dreams . Pendo, Munich 2000, ISBN 978-3-86612-228-4 .
- The test of nerves. Location Cuba. When the world stood on the brink . With a foreword by Guido Knopp , Campus, Frankfurt am Main a. a. 2002, ISBN 3-593-37096-4 .
- with Guido Knopp, Peter Arens: The Germans . Multipart, Bertelsmann, Munich 2008/2010.
- with Guido Knopp, Peter Arens: The Holy War. Mohammed, the Crusaders and September 11th . Bertelsmann, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-570-10079-0 .
- with Peter Arens: women who made history. Cleopatra, Jeanne d'Arc, Elisabeth I, Catherine the Great, Queen Luise, Sophie Scholl . Bertelsmann, Munich 2013, ISBN 978-3-570-10171-1 .
- with Peter Arens: Die Deutschlandsaga. Where we come from - what we dream of - who we are . Bertelsmann, Munich 2014, ISBN 978-3-570-10240-4 .
- 1999: 100 Years - The Countdown (Screenplay)
- 1999: Chancellor - The Mighty of the Republic (screenplay, episode director)
- 2000: Deutschlandspiel (editor)
- 2001: Hitler's Women (episode director)
- 2002: The Trial of Nerves - Cuba Crisis '62 (screenplay, director)
- 2002: The SS - A Warning of History (screenplay, episode direction)
- 2002: The War of the Century (episode director)
- 2003: The Prisoners (screenplay, episode director)
- 2003: Stalin (episode director)
- 2003: Our best (editor-in-chief)
- 2004: They wanted to kill Hitler (screenplay, episode director)
- 2004: Hitler's Manager (episode director)
- 2005: Joseph Ratzinger - The Pope's Youth (screenplay)
- 2005: The Storm (episode director)
- 2006: The Hell of Verdun (Director)
- 2006: The Children of Flight (Editor)
- 2008: The Germans (production team)
- 2009: The rocket man - Wernher von Braun and the dream of the moon (screenplay)
- 2010: Helmut Kohl - Chancellor of Unity (screenplay, director)
- 2010: The Paths of the Germans (screenplay)
- 2011: Secrets of the 'Third Reich' (episode director)
- 2011: Nazi Underworld (episode director)
- 2012: Weltenbrand (episode director)
- 2013: Beloved Enemies - The Germans and the French (Editor in Chief)
- Literature by and about Stefan Brauburger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Stefan Brauburger in the German Digital Library
- Search for Stefan Brauburger in the SPK digital portal of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Stefan Brauburger at filmportal.de
- Stefan Burger brewing in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Stefan Brauburger at C. Bertelsmann Verlag
- Stefan Brauburger at Campus Verlag
- Stefan Brauburger on the ZDF press portal
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German documentary filmmaker, author and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th January 1962|