Stephen Jay Berg (born March 3, 1951 in Miles City , Montana , USA ) is a Roman Catholic clergyman and bishop of Pueblo .
Stephen Berg, the oldest of ten siblings, studied music after attending Sacred Heart High School at Gonzaga University and the University of Colorado Boulder (Bachelor piano performance; 1973) and at Eastern New Mexico University (Master piano performance; 1975) and at from the Oblate School of Theology in San Antonio (Master of divinity; 1999). He taught music at Tarrant County College in Fort Worth from 1976 to 1982 . From 1975 to 1989 he worked for Wolfe Nursery , most recently as General Manager.
In 1993 he entered the Assumption Seminary and studied philosophy and theology. His uncle Joseph Leo Charron CPPS , Bishop of Des Moines , donated him the sacrament of ordination for the diocese of Fort Worth on May 15, 1999 . He was a parish vicar and administrator in several parishes in Fort Worth. Coadjutor Bishop Kevin Vann appointed him Vicar General in the Diocese of Fort Worth in 2008 . He was also the moderator of the Diocesan Curia and Spiritual of the Holy Trinity Seminary in Dallas.
With Kevin Vann's appointment to the Bishopric of Orange, California , Berg was appointed Administrator of the Diocese of Fort Worth in 2012.
On January 15, 2014, Pope Francis appointed him Bishop of Pueblo. He was ordained episcopal on February 27th of that year by the Archbishop of Denver , Samuel Joseph Aquila . Co- consecrators were his uncle Joseph Leo Charron, former bishop of Des Moines, and the bishop of Colorado Springs , Michael John Sheridan .
- Admission to the community of the Knights of Columbus
- Admission to the Serra International community
- Investiture in the order of knights of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem
- Appointment as monsignor by Pope Benedict XVI. (2012)
- Entry to Stephen Berg on catholic-hierarchy.org ; accessed on January 21, 2014.
- Stephen Berg biography
Bishop of Pueblo
- ↑ a b c Pope Francis Appoints New Bishop of Pueblo, Colo , ncregister.com, January 15, 2014 (English)
- ↑ Stephen Berg's biography , Diocese of Pueblo, January 15, 2014
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Berg, Stephen Jay (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American clergyman, Roman Catholic Bishop of Pueblo|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 3, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Miles City , Montana, USA|