Sylvia Bretschneider (born November 14, 1960 in Waren (Müritz) as Sylvia Schefzing ; † April 28, 2019 in Neubrandenburg ) was a German politician ( SPD ). She was a member of parliament from 1994 and president of the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania state parliament from 2002 until her death .
Family, education and work
Sylvia Bretschneider attended the Polytechnic and the Extended High School in Waren and passed her Abitur in 1979 . From 1979 to 1983 she completed her studies at the “Theoretical and Applied Linguistics” section of the University of Leipzig , which she completed as a qualified teacher for English and German.
From 1983 to 1989 she worked as a teacher for English and German, then for a year as a company organizer in the Neubrandenburg transport company . From 1990 to 1994 she was employed in the Neubrandenburg school authority.
Sylvia Bretschneider was married and had three children.
Bretschneider had been a member of the SPD since 1990 and was a member of the state executive committee of the SPD Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania from 1991 to 2003 . Since 1999 she has been deputy state chairwoman. In 1994 she was elected to the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania state parliament for the first time, and from 1994 to October 2002 she was spokeswoman for the SPD parliamentary group on education and youth policy . From 1998 to 2002 she was deputy chairwoman of the SPD parliamentary group. Since 2002 she has been President of the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania State Parliament; most recently she was re-elected on October 4, 2016.
On September 27, 2017, Bretschneider announced that she would be suspending her office for the time being because of a diagnosed pancreatic cancer disease. On April 28, 2019, Bretschneider succumbed to cancer.
Bretschneider belonged to numerous associations in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Among other things, from 2003 she was chairwoman of the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Tourism Association.
- Short biography for: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 . . In:
- Literature about Sylvia Bretschneider in the state bibliography MV
- Homepage of Sylvia Bretschneider
- Member of the parliament for the 7th electoral term on the website of the State Parliament of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
- resolution of the constituent meeting of the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania State Parliament on Tuesday, October 4, 2016. Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania State Parliament, October 4, 2016, accessed on April 14, 2017 .
- Stefan Ludmann: The President of the Landtag Bretschneider seriously ill. In: NDR.de . September 27, 2017. Retrieved September 28, 2017 .
- President of the Landtag: Sylvia Bretschneider is dead | Nordkurier.de. April 28, 2019. Retrieved April 28, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 14, 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Goods (Müritz)|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 28, 2019|
|Place of death||Neubrandenburg|