|languages||Belarusian , Russian|
|operator||TUT BY MEDIA GmbH|
|On-line||Oct 5, 2000|
TUT.BY is an independent information and service website in Russian and Belarusian for Belarus . It is one of the five most popular websites in Belarus. The head office is in Minsk , Belarus. In 2019, the website was read by 62.58% of all Belarusian internet users with a monthly visit rate of around 200 million.
TUT.BY publishes around 200 articles on the national and international agenda every day, including original stories and videos, analyzes, special projects and online broadcasts. In addition to the news area, TUT.BY has numerous specialist areas (car, lady, finance, posting, real estate, sport, etc.) and services such as weather reports, exchange rates, etc. The editorial standard claims to set socially important priorities. The editorial team reports on current issues related to Belarus and the world agenda in accordance with a self-imposed journalistic ethic.
TUT.BY was registered as an online medium on January 21, 2019.
Conflicts with the government and role in the democracy movement
Jury Zisser, owner of TUT.BY, financially supported Belarusian opposition groups and thus drew the anger of President Aljaksandr Lukashenka . He financed the "Freedom of Thought Prize", which was awarded at the birthplace of the Belarusian poet Wassil Bykau in Bychki ( Vitebskaya Woblasz ).
In connection with research on the European Games in 2019 , a state committee of inquiry ordered the imprisonment of some employees of TUT.BY and other media workers because they had unauthorized access to information from the state news agency BelTA .
TUT.BY established itself as one of the few independent media outlets during the 2020 Belarusian democracy movement protests . The portal reported in detail on the kidnapping of the opposition leader Maryja Kalesnikawa and the lawyer Maxim Snak .
On September 25, 2020 it became known that the Belarusian government wanted to withdraw the portal's registration as a medium at the instigation of the Ministry of Information. The court session on the lawsuit is scheduled for October 8, 2020. On October 1, 2020, in support of its claim and because of the portal's reporting on the protests in Belarus in 2020, the Ministry of Information suspended TUT.BY's registration as a medium for three months. The portal itself stated that it intends to continue working for the time being. The international organization Reporters Without Borders criticized this policy in relation to the web portal.
In October 2020, the Belarusian Association of Journalists and the editors of a number of independent media outlets issued a joint statement regarding printing on the TUT.BY portal and restricting access to independent websites. A joint statement by the United States and more than fifty other countries and the EU on the human rights situation in Belarus on October 26, 2020 stated that "the recent attacks on Tut.by, the largest independent media company in Belarus, must stop". In a letter to the editors of the Brestskaya Gazeta newspaper in November 2020, blogger Sjarhej Zichanouski condemned the repression of the authorities against the journalistic community, in particular the fact that TUT.BY was “strangled”.
Kazjaryna Baryssewitsch , who wrote an article about the death of Raman Bandarenka in 2020, was arrested in Minsk on November 19, 2020. On March 2, 2021, she was sentenced to six months in prison and a fine of 100 base units for damages.
On May 18, 2021, the TUT.BY office and the apartments of its most important employees were searched as part of a newly opened tax evasion procedure. On the same day, the TUT.BY domain , its mirrors and its email service were blocked by the decision of the Ministry of Information under the guise of disclosing "prohibited information", including the contents of the "unregistered" BYSOL foundation, the victims supported by repression in Belarus. At least 18 TUT.BY workers were arrested.
The United States condemns the relentless persecution of the independent media company TUT.BY, its journalists and staff. Svyatlana Zichanouskaja , Aljaksandra Herassimenja , Kazjaryna Snyzina , Nadseja Astaptschuk and others. expressed solidarity with TUT.BY.
- Mikhail Doroshevich, Marina Sokolova: Интернет: инфраструктура, пользователи, регулирование . In: Belarusian Yearbook . 2014 (Russian, online ).
- Mikhail Doroshevich, Marina Sokolova: Www: the limits of developing extensive infrastructure . In: Belarusian Yearbook . No. 1 , 2016 ( online ).
- AA Gradushko: Основы творческой деятельности веб-журналиста . In: Belarusian State University . Minsk 2019, p. 239 (Russian, online [PDF]).
- AA Gradushko: Современная веб-журналистика Беларуси . Belarusian State University , Minsk 2013, p. 179 (Russian, online [PDF]).
- AA Gradushko: Содержательная и жанровая специфика новостных интернет-порталов Республики Беларусь . Belarusian State University , 2016, p. 262-269 (Russian, online ).
- VL Klunya, TV Gerasimuk: Состояние и проблемы развития цифровой экономики в Республике Беларусь . In: Экономические и финансовые механизмы инновационного развития цифровой экономики . tape 1 . Institute of Economics of the Belarusian University , 2019, p. 8–11 (Russian, online ).
- Ye. G. Trushko, Yu. F. Shpakovsky: Анализ визуализации данных (на примере инфографики портала TUT.BY) . In: Journal of the Belarusian State Technological University . tape 4 , no. 2 , 2018, p. 38-43 ( online ).
- ML Zaitsev: Распространение контента современными медиа: тенденции и специфика . In: Journal of the Belarusian State University . No. 2 , 2017, ISSN 2521-6783 , p. 19–23 (Russian, online [PDF]).
- Инфографика дня: Беларуская интернет аудитория в первом полугодии 2020 ( ru ) Information Policy. July 9, 2020. Accessed July 10, 2020.
- Онлайн медиа в Беларуси, апрель 2019 ( ru ) Information Policy. May 17, 2019. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- Newsroom: В гостях у нового офиса портала TUT.BY ( ru ) media criticism. October 31, 2014. Accessed July 10, 2020.
- Sustainable media: the key to independence. In: EU NEIGHBORS east. April 27, 2018, accessed July 8, 2020 .
- Марина Золотова: “Вы сами устроили себе фейк-ньюс. И что я должна с этим делать? » ( ru ) Bolshoi. September 19, 2019. Retrieved July 8, 2020.
- TUT.BY: между интересами бизнеса и аудитории ( ru ) media criticism. July 25, 2020. Accessed July 10, 2020.
- Зарегистрировано новое сетевое издание ( ru ) Ministry of Information of the Republic of Belarus . January 21, 2019. Accessed July 10, 2020.
- Pressure against Belarusian independent media: what's next? | BelarusDigest. Retrieved September 9, 2020 .
- Belarus: Media Under Attack as European Games Loom. May 17, 2019, accessed September 9, 2020 .
- tagesschau.de : Power struggle in Belarus: Another opposition member led away. Retrieved September 9, 2020 .
- TUT.by грозит потеря статуса СМИ ( ru ) Eurapejskaje Radyjo dlja Belarusi . September 25, 2020. Archived from the original on September 25, 2020. Retrieved on September 25, 2020.
- TUT.by пагражае страта статусу СМІ ( be ) Eurapejskaje Radyjo dlja Belarusi . September 25, 2020. Archived from the original on September 25, 2020. Retrieved on September 25, 2020.
- Belarus: Tut.by news site ban comes into force | DW | 01.10.2020 ( en ) Deutsche Welle . October 1, 2020. Archived from the original on October 1, 2020. Retrieved on October 1, 2020.
- Criticism of Lukashenko's media policy ( de ) Reporters Without Borders . October 6, 2020. Archived from the original on October 6, 2020. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- Друкарня адмаўляецца друкаваць незалежную "Брэсцкую газету" ( be ) Eurapejskaje Radyjo dlja Belarusi . November 30, 2020. Archived from the original on December 1, 2020. Retrieved on December 1, 2020.
- Типография отказывается печатать независимую "Брестскую газету" ( ru ) Eurapejskaje Radyjo dlja Belarusi . November 30, 2020. Archived from the original on December 1, 2020. Retrieved on December 1, 2020.
- Joint Statement on the Human Rights Situation in Belarus ( en ) US Embassy in Belarus. October 28, 2020. Archived from the original on October 28, 2020. Retrieved on October 28, 2020.
- Сумесная заява аб сітуацыі з правамі чалавека ў Беларусі ( be ) Амбасада ЗША ў Беларусі. October 28, 2020. Archived from the original on October 28, 2020. Retrieved on October 28, 2020.
- Сергей Тихановский: “ Очень переживаю за давление на журналистов и журналистику ” . In: Brestskaya Gazeta . No. 47 (936) , November 20, 2020, pp. 8 (Russian).
- Адар'я Гуштын: Журналиста TUT.BY Катерину Борисевич перевели в СИЗО на Володарского. Письма ей почти не доходят ( ru ) TUT.BY. November 27, 2020. Archived from the original on November 30, 2020. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Belarus journalist sentenced for report on protester's death ( en ) Associated Press . March 2, 2021. Accessed March 4, 2021.
- Belarus raids top news site in widening crackdown . In: BBC News . May 18, 2021 (English, bbc.com [accessed May 19, 2021]).
- TUT.BY: Independent Belarus media website blocked after series of raids ( en ) euronews . May 18, 2021. Retrieved May 18, 2020.
- TUT.BY, "Трибуна" и еще 9 медиа, которые забанили в Беларуси, - вот как их читать. by.tribuna.com, May 19, 2021, accessed May 19, 2021 (Russian).
- US Embassy Statement. May 18, 2021, accessed May 18, 2021 (American English).
- Снытина, Герасименя, Тихановская, врачи, заводчане и даже силовики - беларусы массово поддерживают TUT.BY. by.tribuna.com, May 19, 2021, accessed May 19, 2021 (Russian).