"Vis Unita Fortior"
Combined power is stronger
|density||1,724.7 Ew. / km²|
Tralee is home to the headquarters of the Kerry Group , an international company primarily in the food production sector, as well as a large hospital for most of the area including the Dingle Peninsula .
The city is particularly famous for the “ Rose of Tralee ” festival and around eighty pubs . Another highlight is the Kerry County Museum in Ashe Memorial Hall, as well as the Siamsa Tíre National Folklore Theater .
sons and daughters of the town
- Austin Stack (1879–1929), Sinn Féin politician and athlete
- Sean O'Riordan (1916-1998), Redemptorist, moral theologian
- Seán Mac Mathúna (* 1936), author
- Dick Spring (* 1950), lawyer, athlete, politician and member of parliament
- William Crean (born 1951), Roman Catholic Bishop of Cloyne (Ireland)
- Timothy V. Murphy (born 1960), actor
- Aisling O'Sullivan (born 1968), actress
- Rea Garvey (* 1973), singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Paul Griffin (* 1973), racing cyclist
- Paul Griffin (* 1979), rower and cross-country skier
- Official website
- Institute of Technology - with information about Tralee (map)
- Rose of Tralee Festival
- tralee.de:Visitor information and pictures (German)
- Map of Kerry and Cork (can be enlarged)
- Richard Deiss: Vane Cathedral and Sugar Beet Station. A short story about 200 European train stations . Bonn 2010, p. 75.