On April 1, 1985, he started as a trained painter at Porsche AG. In 1987 he was elected shop steward and in 1994 became head of the shop steward. Hück has been a member of the works council since 1990; from 1994 he was released for this.
He further qualified in labor, collective bargaining and social law and, in 1997, succeeded Franz Steinbeck, chairman of the general works council, as the new works council chairman for the Zuffenhausen / Ludwigsburg locations. He has been Chairman of the General Works Council of Porsche AG since 2002, and Chairman of the Group Works Council since 2003. In 2008 he became Deputy Chairman of the Works Council of Porsche Automobil Holding SE . Hück has been a member of the supervisory board since 1998. In 2007 he became Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Porsche Automobil Holding SE, and since 2010 he has been Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Porsche AG.
He is a member of the local executive committee of IG Metall Stuttgart and the large collective bargaining commission of IG Metall Baden-Württemberg. As an SPD member, which he already became in 1982, he supported the election campaign of his SPD party friend Gerhard Schröder and his reform policy in 2005 .
Hück is married to Ming Chung from Vietnam and has two adoptive sons and a biological son. He is honorary chairman of the FSV Buckenberg 1921 e. V., a sports club from Pforzheim with over 500 members, and trains young Thai boxers there in his spare time .
On September 4, 2012, his autobiography Full Speed was published , in which Hück u. a. reports about his time in the children's home and a conversation with God.
Hück is committed as an ambassador for the Respekt! against discrimination against groups of people such as homosexuals or foreigners.
He is a board member of the Wiedeking Foundation, which supports, among other things, the youth welfare center Sperlingshof, where Hück grew up, and the Seehaus Leonberg , an institution for young offenders.
On November 16, 2013 he got into the ring for a benefit boxing match against the former professional boxer Luan Krasniqi in the MHPArena in Ludwigsburg under the motto “bruises for social purposes” . The proceeds from the event went to the Hück Learning Foundation , which helps socially disadvantaged children and young people, as well as an SOS Children's Village in Pristina supported by Luan Krasniqi .
In 2017 he received the Federal Cross of Merit for his social commitment .
On February 4, 2019, he resigned as Chairman of the Works Council and Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Porsche AG and as a member of the VW Supervisory Board. He announced that he would go into politics. First he wanted to run for the Pforzheim municipal council with his own list (not for the SPD, of which he is a member). In this context, he criticized the political discussion about driving bans, speed limits and fuel taxes and declared his sympathy with the yellow vests movement .
In May 2019 there was a house search at Hück in connection with investigations into excessive payments to works councils. In July 2019, Manager Magazin reported that the internal audit department had been investigating Hück since 2016 and accused him of a number of (albeit non-criminal) irregularities. In January 2020, Business Insider announced that Hück would continue to be paid by Porsche even after his departure.
- Full speed: with attitude to the top. Campus, Frankfurt am Main 2012, ISBN 978-3-593-39706-1 (autobiography).
- Ralf Spiller, Georg Weishaupt (eds.): Leaders at the Top - a portrait of business leaders . Redline Wirtschaft, Heidelberg 2006, ISBN 3-636-01341-6 .
- Uwe Hück in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- Uwe Hueck in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Kayhan Özgenc: The comrades' secret weapon . In: Focus , No. 26/2008, June 23, 2008.
- Porsche works council on God and politics . In: The daily newspaper .
- Der Disciplinator vorwaerts.de, April 7, 2011.
- Talking to God in the “Hell” children's home - the head of the Porsche works council thought of suicide, IdeaSpektrum 36.2012, p. 7
- Nikolaus im Sperlingshof - Uwe Hück hands over gifts from the Wiedeking Foundation pz-news.de, December 7, 2016.
- Wiedeking Foundation supports the Seehaus Leonberg . seehaus-ev.de.
- Fists and celebrity shows for a good cause in Ludwigsburg. Stuttgarter Zeitung , November 17, 2013, accessed on November 17, 2013 .
- Uwe Hück receives the Federal Cross of Merit for social commitment . In: Pforzheimer Zeitung . March 3, 2017. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- mmq / sha / Reuters: Uwe Hück resigns as head of the Porsche works council and goes into politics. In: Spiegel Online . February 4, 2019, accessed April 13, 2020 .
- dpa, jci: Uwe Hück: Porsche works council chief announces change in politics. In: zeit.de . February 4, 2019, accessed April 13, 2020 .
- Simon Hage: Porsche works council chairman Uwe Hück: "I've always been good for a surprise". In: Spiegel Online . February 4, 2019, accessed April 13, 2020 .
- Justice investigates because of earnings: Hück gives details of his salary. In: stuttgarter-nachrichten.de. Retrieved April 13, 2020 .
- Michael Freitag: Uwe Hück: Why the Porsche works council really left. In: manager-magazin.de. July 18, 2019, accessed April 13, 2020 .
- Jan C. Wehmeyer: New works council affair: Ex-workers leader Hück left Porsche and still collects millions until he retires. In: businessinsider.de. January 12, 2020, accessed April 13, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German trade union official, Chairman of the Works Council of Porsche AG in Stuttgart|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 22, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|