Vornholz ( cadastral community )
|Pole. District , state||Hartberg-Fürstenfeld (HF) district, Styria|
|Pole. local community||Vorau ( KG Vornholz)|
|Building status||210 (2001)|
|Counting district / district||Vornholz (62278 001)|
Location of the former community in the Hartberg-Fürstenfeld district
|Independent municipality 1850-2014,
Vornholz is a locality and in the area of the cadastral municipality of the same name . The former municipality has 687 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020) and is located in northeast Styria in Austria in the judicial district of Fürstenfeld and in the political district of Hartberg-Fürstenfeld . Since January 1, 2015, it has been merged with the communities of Vorau , Puchegg , Schachen bei Vorau and Riegersberg as part of the Styrian community structure reform , the new community continues the name "Vorau".
The community consisted of a single cadastral community or town of the same name. Districts are Dörfl, Eben, Holzbauern, Im Berg and Reiherbach as well as several individual layers.
The last mayor was Josef Glatz.
coat of arms
- "Split by silver and green in the front field ten blue flax flowers with green leafy stalks in four rows (3: 2: 3: 2), in the rear field two silver branch posts."
The flax blossoms express that Vornholz was a community with flax cultivation and linen production, the branch posts the timber trunk. The flax blossoms in front of the wood give the municipality name Vornholz in a pictorial representation.
- 1923: Prosper Berger (1876–1953), Augustinian canon, provost of Vorau Abbey 1920–1953
- 1963: Gilbert Prenner (1914–1996), Augustinian canon, provost of Vorau Abbey 1953–1970
- 1999: Rupert Kroisleitner (* 1939), Augustinian canon, provost of the Vorau Abbey 1970–2000
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Announcement of the Styrian state government of November 21, 2013 on the union of the market community Vorau and the communities Puchegg, Riegersberg, Schachen bei Vorau and Vornholz, all political district Hartberg-Fürstenfeld. Styrian Provincial Law Gazette of December 6, 2013. No. 150, 35th issue. . P. 681.
- Ferdinand Hutz: Vorau Abbey in the 20th Century , Vol. 1 (Vorau 2004), p. 31.
- Ferdinand Hutz: Vorau Abbey in the 20th Century , Vol. 1 (Vorau 2004), p. 42.
- Ferdinand Hutz: Vorau Abbey in the 20th Century , Vol. 1 (Vorau 2004), p. 196.