Walter Benigni was born the son of a railway employee , graduated from the Federal College for Wood Processing and then entered the federal service. Before he started working full-time in photography from 1960 , he worked in the federal service for the B-Gendarmerie . Walter Benigni was the initiator of the state association of photographers and a non-competitive state photo show. In 1962 he married Klara Köttner-Benigni . The couple created several volumes of poetry to which Benigni contributed the pictures. You lived in Eisenstadt . Walter Benigni had children from his first marriage. He was buried on March 28, 2019, like his wife, at the Stadtfriedhof (Urnenhain No. 12) in Eisenstadt.
In the summer of 1978 his first exhibition was opened in the Cselley mill in Oslip . In cooperation with Slovak photographers, he then organized exhibitions in the Burgenland State Museum , in Bratislava and in Mattersburg . In 1992, 50 years after the Wannsee Conference , 3sat presented an exhibition Begnini on the subject.
In addition to books, pictures by Walter Benigni with explanations have also appeared in exhibition catalogs, for example on the personnel in Esterházy Palace in Eisenstadt in 1982 and on the one in the Novomeský gallery in Bratislava in 1991 in Slovak. Together with colleagues he was represented in the anthology "Photography in the 20th Century" of the " Austrian Society for Photography " in 2002 and in 2005 in the anthology "VÖAV Photogallery" of the "Association of Austrian Amateur Photographers Associations ". In recent years Benigni has participated in exhibitions, but has also arranged exhibitions as far as Vienna.
Photographs in media
Benigni's photographs have been used in various books. Among others in:
- Günter Unger : The other light. Art in Burgenland since 1945 . Vienna 1990.
- The atmosphere is poetry. Art in Burgenland yesterday and today . Neudörfl 1999.
- Burgenland mon amour. Coordinates of a cultural and art landscape . Hornstein 2006.
- Appreciation prize of the Burgenland State Culture Prize
- Jozef Maximilian Petzval Medal of the Association of Slovak Photographers
- VÖAV badge of honor in gold
- Gold Medal of Honor from the Association of Slovak Photographers
- 2004 - Elias Huegel - pin of the European Symposium Kaisersteinbruch
Benigni was an honorary member (Hon. ÖGPh) of the Austrian Society for Photography .
- Klara Köttner-Benigni: In the zone of the red wind. Walter Benigni . Roetzer. Vienna 1989.
- Walter Benigni . Wiener Zeitung, Extra Lexicon. January 14, 2005 (accessed November 20, 2013)
- Literature by and about Walter Benigni in the catalog of the German National Library
- Association of Austrian Amateur Photography Associations , seven photographs.
- Orf.at: Photographer Walter Benigni has died . Article dated March 24, 2019, accessed March 25, 2019.
- Walter Benigni, accessed on March 25, 2019.
- Günter Unger: The other light. Art in Burgenland since 1945 . Vienna 1990.
- "Part" In: Bestattung Eisenstadt Retrieved on March 25th "2019.
- Burgenland Freizeit, September 2, 1993.
- Walter Benigni's collaboration with Kaisersteinbruch has been particularly well documented since 1998. In: Helmuth Furch , Historisches Lexikon Kaisersteinbruch . 2nd volume Index: Benigni Walter. Some examples: Former French prisoners of war in Kaisersteinbruch, Slovak culture attaché Juraj Zary, at the symposia . 2004. ISBN 978-3-9504555-8-8 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian art photographer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 3, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Villach|
|DATE OF DEATH||16th March 2019|
|Place of death||Eisenstadt|