|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Eisenstadt area|
|License plate :||EU|
|Residents :||1,255 (January 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||70 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||7064|
|Community code :||1 03 11|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Stefan Bubich ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : ( 2017 )
|Location of Oslip
Uzlop in the Eisenstadt-Umgebung district
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Oslip (Croatian Uzlop , Hungarian Oszlop ) is a municipality with 1255 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020) in the Eisenstadt-Umgebung district in Burgenland in Austria . The majority of the population belongs to the Burgenland-Croatian ethnic group and speaks Burgenland-Croatian in addition to their main language, German .
The community is located in northern Burgenland near the state capital Eisenstadt and Schützen am Gebirge; 127 meters above the Adriatic Sea. Oslip is the only place in the parish.
Later under the Romans, today's Oslip was then in the province of Pannonia .
Like the rest of Burgenland, the place belonged to Hungary (German West Hungary) until 1921 . Since 1898 had due to the Magyarization of the government in Budapest of Hungarian name Oszlop be used. After the end of the First World War, after tough negotiations, German-West Hungary was awarded to Austria in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919. Oslip has belonged to the newly founded federal state of Burgenland since 1921 (see also the history of Burgenland ).
Culture and sights
The council comprises a total of 19 members on the basis of population.
|Green||37||3.66||0||77||7.80||1||not running||not running||not running|
In addition to Mayor Stefan Bubich (ÖVP) and Deputy Mayor Martin Mileder (SPÖ), Elke Dvornikovich (SPÖ), Erich Schruiff (ÖVP) and Markus Schumich (ÖVP) are also members of the municipal board.
The community treasurer is Herbert Lippl (ÖVP).
Mayor is Stefan Bubich (ÖVP), who succeeded Johann Schumich (ÖVP), who has headed the municipality since 1992, on October 18, 2016. In the direct mayor election on October 1, 2017, Bubich was confirmed in his office with 59.43%. His competitor Paul Walzer (SPÖ), who had been Vice Mayor since 2008, received 40.57% of the vote. This did not accept a council mandate, which is why Martin Mileder (SPÖ) was elected vice mayor at the constituent meeting of the council.
Head of office is Herbert Mihalits.
Chronicle of the mayor
- 1945–1948 Franz Merzlanovich (SPÖ)
- 1948–1958 Alexander Schumich (ÖVP)
- 1958–1962 Franz Sieber (SPÖ)
- 1962–1977 ... (ÖVP)
- 1977–1992 Adolf Karlovatz (SPÖ)
- 1992–2016 Johann Schumich (ÖVP)
- since 2016 Stefan Bubich (ÖVP)
coat of arms
In a shield divided by silver and blue: Above a pointed-gable blue tower with two silver windows above a silver archway, accompanied by a blue mill wheel (front) and a blue grape (rear). Below are two overturned, pointed silver towers, each with two blue windows above a blue archway.
- Stephan Schneider (1878–1952), farmer and politician
- Simon Schumich (* 1985), business economist and author
- Nicole Trimmel (* 1982), kickboxer
- Results of the 2017 local council elections in Oslip. Office of the Burgenland Provincial Government, October 29, 2017, accessed on January 17, 2020 .
- Election result of the 2012 local council election in Oslip. Office of the Burgenland Provincial Government, November 4, 2012, accessed on January 17, 2020 .
- Result of the 2007 municipal council election in Oslip. Office of the Burgenland Provincial Government, October 21, 2007, accessed on January 17, 2020 .
- Results of the local council election 2002 in Oslip. Office of the Provincial Government of Burgenland, October 21, 2002, accessed on January 17, 2020 .
- Municipality of Oslip: Municipal Council (accessed on December 17, 2017)
- BVZ of October 21, 2016: Bubich took over from Schmumich (accessed December 17, 2017)
- Municipality of Oslip: Administration (accessed December 17, 2017)