Wettin high school
|Wettin high school|
|Wettiner Gymnasium building|
|type of school||high school|
Wettiner Platz 13
The Wettiner Gymnasium in Dresden was founded in 1879 as a second urban gymnasium to relieve the Kreuzschule . Initially it was housed in the building of the old orphanage on Georgplatz . In 1884, the new school building built on the site of the plague and poor cemetery , which was dissolved in 1823 and which had been designed and accompanied by the architect, City Planning Officer Theodor Friedrich (1829-1891), took place. On October 7, 1944, between noon and 1 p.m., the left wing of the building was badly damaged by the first bombing raid on Dresden . After that the students moved to the Vitzthumsche Gymnasium . This destroyed wing was rebuilt in 1974.
The Kreuzschule used the building at Wettiner Platz 13 until 1961 , after which the 9th Polytechnic High School (also Fritz Heckert High School) was housed there until 1981 . After restoration and renovation, the Carl Maria von Weber University of Music in Dresden is now located there .
- Otto Meltzer (1846–1909), historian, rector 1880–1909
- Franz Poland (1857–1945), classical philologist, teacher 1884–1910, rector 1910–1923
- Johannes Wilhelm Kunze (1865–1927), Protestant theologian, 1889–1892
- Woldemar Lippert (1861–1937), German archivist, 1887–1891
- Kurt Schumann (1885–1970), Saxon homeland researcher and reform pedagogue, 1918–1921
- Ernst Boehm (1877–1945), historian, director 1923–1928
- Paul Rieger (1870–1939), rabbi (most recently in Stuttgart) and historian
- Erich Uhmann (1881–1968), entomologist
- Paul Aron (1886–1955), composer, pianist and concert organizer
- Willibald Wiercinski-Keizer (1888–?), Senator of the Free City of Danzig
- Otto Basler (1892–1975), Germanist, folklorist and librarian
- Carl Raswan (1893–1966), author and author of specialist articles on horse breeding
- Paul Richter (1894–1942), Protestant pastor and Christian martyr
- Otto Josef Schlein (1895–1944), doctor and communist of the Jewish faith
- Rudolf Kaffka (1923–1985), theologian and politician (SPD), Member of the Bundestag
- Wolfgang Ullrich (zoologist) (1923–1973), zoologist, zoo director in Dresden
- Program of the Wettiner Gymnasium in Dresden. Dresden, 1880–1893 ( digitized version )
- Annual report of the Wettiner Gymnasium in Dresden . Dresden, 1894–1937 ( digitized version )
- Otto Meltzer : The Wettiner Gymnasium in Dresden in the first twenty-five years of its existence. Güntz, Dresden 1904 ( digitized version )
- Daniel Böhme: National Socialist School Policy 1933-1945: From Hitler's educational maxims to practical-political implementation and with an excursus on Dresden . GRIN Verlag, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-638-94507-3 , p. 66 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Daniel Böhme: National Socialist School Policy 1933-1945: From Hitler's educational maxims to practical-political implementation and with an excursus on Dresden . GRIN Verlag, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-638-94507-3 , p. 67 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Inventory overview 2004 (PDF; 107 kB) - Dresden City Archives
- Winfried Gensch: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich on his 65th birthday. In: Messages from the Dresden Zoological Garden. New episode. No. 3, 1989, pp. 2-5.