Wolfgang Ayaß (born June 24, 1954 in Marbach am Neckar ) is a German historian , social worker and university professor.
Wolfgang Ayaß studied social work at the Kassel University from 1976 to 1981 and graduated as a qualified social worker / qualified social pedagogue. He then worked for several years as a social worker in a stationary facility for the homeless in Karlsruhe . In 1985 he took up a second degree in sociology, political science and history at the comprehensive university in Kassel , which he completed in 1988 with a master's degree . Afterwards he was a doctoral candidate at the University of Kassel , where he obtained his doctorate in 1991. phil. with the dissertation Das Arbeitshaus Breitenau. Beggars, vagrants, prostitutes, pimps and welfare recipients in the correctional and rural poor institution in Breitenau (1874–1949) . Subsequently, he was a lecturer at the University of Göttingen and the University of Kassel, where he qualified as a professor there in 2000 for social policy on the subject of “anti- social ” under National Socialism . Initially, he worked as a private lecturer at his place of work and has been teaching at the University of Kassel as an adjunct professor for social policy since 2007 and in the summer semester 2011 as a substitute professor in the human sciences department .
Since 1992 he has been working for the " Collection of Sources on the History of German Social Policy 1867 to 1914 " project of the Historical Commission of the Academy of Sciences and Literature (Mainz), from 2004 as head of the department, since 2016 as head of the project. There he edited, among other things, source volumes on worker protection, accident insurance, health and pension insurance.
The focus of his research is on German social policy in the German Empire , the Weimar Republic and, in particular, on “non-community members” during the National Socialist era . The exhibition he designed in 2004 for the Homeless under National Socialism has so far been shown in around 100 cities.
Ayass is committed to the Breitenau memorial and is a member of the social policy section of the German Society for Sociology .
- Science Award of the Association for Hessian History and Regional Studies 1990 (for the dissertation Das Arbeitshaus Breitenau )
- Enemy declaration and prevention: criminal biology, gypsy research and anti-social policy. Rotbuch-Verlag, Berlin 1988 (co-author).
- The Breitenau workhouse. Beggars, vagrants, prostitutes, pimps and welfare recipients in the correctional and rural poor institution in Breitenau (1874–1949). , Kassel 1992.
- Breitenau . On the history of a National Socialist concentration and labor education camp. Gunnar Richter (ed.). With contributions from Wolfgang Ayass, Ralf Löber, Gunnar Richter; Jenior and Pressler, Kassel 1993.
- "Asocial" in National Socialism. Klett-Cotta, Stuttgart 1995.
- With arguments against Holocaust denial. The denial of the National Socialist mass murders as a challenge for science and political education , Wiesbaden 1996, 2nd edition 1998 (together with Dietfrid Krause-Vilmar ).
- Bismarck and worker protection. Otto von Bismarck's rejection of statutory worker protection - an analysis of the dimensions and backgrounds , in: Vierteljahrschrift für Sozial und Wirtschaftsgeschichte 89 (2002), pp. 400–426.
- Homeless people under National Socialism. Booklet accompanying the traveling exhibition of the Federal Homeless Aid Association, Bielefeld 2007
- Black and green angles. The National Socialist Persecution of “Asocials” and “Criminals” - an overview of the history of research. In: Neuengamme Concentration Camp Memorial (Ed.): Excluded. “Asocials” and “criminals” in the National Socialist camp system. Bremen 2009 (= articles on the history of National Socialist persecution in Northern Germany 11), pp. 16–30.
- Social democratic labor movement and social insurance until the turn of the century. In: Ulrich Becker, Hans Günter Hockerts, Klaus Tenfelde (eds.): Sozialstaat Deutschland. History and present. Bonn 2010, pp. 17–43.
- "Accordingly, for example, is asocial ..." On the language of social exclusion under National Socialism. In: Contributions to the history of National Socialism 28. 2012, pp. 69–89.
- Max Hirsch . Social liberal union leader and pioneer of adult education centers . Hentrich & Hentrich , Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-942271-96-7 (= Jewish miniatures , volume 141).
- 'asocial'. Social Outsiders as Enemies of the People in Nazi Germany , Kassel 2018. ISBN 978-1-72226-675-2 .
- "Community strangers". Sources on the persecution of "anti-social" 1933–1945 , Federal Archives, Koblenz 1998 (editor).
- Collection of sources on the history of German social policy from 1867 to 1914 (edited by several volumes)
- Literature by and about Wolfgang Ayaß in the catalog of the German National Library
- Wolfgang Ayaß on Clio-online
- How to deal with prostitution under National Socialism. Lecture at the 4th Frankfurt Prostitution Days 2015. https://cba.fro.at/339385
- "Asocial" in National Socialist Austria. Lecture in Innsbruck February 16, 2006. http://www.dowas.org/images/mp3/ayass.mp3
- ↑ http://www.topographie.de/veranstaltungen/veranstaltung/nc/1/ategorie/veranstaltung/nid/asoziale-im-nationalsozialismus/y/2008/m/04/d/22/bp/32/
- ↑ http://www.vhghessen.de/mhg/2004_nf45/2004_02_018.htm
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian, social worker and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 24, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Marbach am Neckar|