|birthday||October 15, 1974|
|place of birth||Eskişehir , Turkey|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|Stations as a trainer|
|1 Only league games are given.|
Ömer Çatkıç (born October 15, 1974 in Eskişehir ) is a former Turkish football goalkeeper and coach. Through his many years of activity and his successes for Gaziantepspor , he is strongly associated with this association. With 211 games, he is the player with the most top division appearances for Gaziantepspor.
Çatkıç played from 1997 to 2004 for the Turkish club Gaziantepspor . His good performance in the club earned him several appointments to the squad of the Turkish national team . At the 2002 World Cup in Japan / South Korea , he was used in the group game against China. In the summer of 2004 he signed a contract with Gençlerbirliği , where he played for two years. In the 2006/07 season he came to some appearances for Bursaspor in the Süper Lig before he returned to his youth club Gaziantepspor in July 2007. After a year he left the club and played since July 2008 for the Turkish first division club Antalyaspor .
For the 2012/13 season, his move to the second division Karşıyaka SK was announced. This change did not come about later. Then a change to the second division Denizlispor was announced. This change also turned out to be speculation. Çatkıç announced the end of his active football goalkeeping career a little later.
- With Eskişehirspor
- With Gaziantepspor
- With the Turkish national team
- Participants in the European Football Championship : 2000
- Third in the World Cup : 2002
- Third FIFA Confederations Cup : 2003
Çatkıç worked from November 2012 at the first division club Kardemir Karabükspor as an assistant coach and assisted Mesut Bakkal . After Bakkal was dismissed two days before the end of the season, Çatkıç Karabük also left.
Çatkıç was arrested in Turkey in August 2017. According to the Turkish news agency Doğan Haber Ajansı , he has been accused of being a member of the Gülen movement . He is said to have used the ByLock app on his mobile phone . The putschists also used this encrypted instant messenger to communicate with each other in preparation for the attempted coup in Turkey in 2016 .
- Ömer Çatkıç in the database of weltfussball.de
- Omer Çatkıç (player profile) in the database of the Turkish Football Federation (English)
- Ömer Çatkıç (coach profile) in the Türkiye Futbol Federasyonu database (English)
- Ömer Çatkıç in the database of kicker.de
- Ömer Çatkıç in the database of transfermarkt.de
- Ömer Çatkıç in the database of mackolik.com (Turkish)
- Page no longer available , search in web archives: birincilighaber.com: "Ve Ömer Çatkıç Karşıyaka'da" (accessed on July 20, 2012)
- milliyet.com.tr: "Ömer Çatkıç Denizlispor'da" (accessed on August 14, 2012) ( Memento from August 7, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- ajansspor.com: "Ömer Çatkıç futbolu bıraktı!" ( Memento of the original from January 1, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on August 15, 2012)
- Former national goalkeeper Catkic arrested in Turkey . ( Memento from August 29, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) In: handelsblatt.com . August 28, 2017. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Turkish soccer player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 15, 1974|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Eskişehir , Turkey|