1st millennium BC Chr.
The 1st millennium BC Chr. Describes the period from 1000 BC. Until the beginning of the Christian era .
- 800 BC BC : In Central Europe the Bronze Age ends and the older Iron Age begins , the so-called Hallstatt Age .
- 400 BC BC : The older Iron Age ends in Central Europe, and the younger Iron Age begins, the so-called Latène Age , which lasted until approx. 30/15 BC. Lasts.
- Around 1000 BC BC : The Iberians appear for the first time.
- Around 1000 BC Until approx. 500 BC BC : Colonization of the Aegean Sea , the coasts of Asia Minor and the Black Sea, Sicily and southern Italy from Greece.
- Around 1000 BC Chr .: Beginnings of the Etruscan high culture, around 800 BC Chr. Spread to v 600th Chr. Heyday.
- Around 750 BC BC : Foundation of Rome , the Eternal City.
- Around 600 BC BC : beginning of the Roman Empire .
- Around 500 BC In the 2nd century BC, the belief that the individual fate can be read off with the help of the horoscope took shape (along with the mantic ) .
- Around 500 BC Chr .: Buddhism develops.
- Around 500 BC BC: The Celts invade northern Spain.
- Around 400 BC Chr . : The Greek philosopher Democritus thinks about the structure of matter - he created the term atom .
- In 214 BC Chr. The Chinese emperor leaves Qin Shi Huang , the first continuous parts of the Great Wall built.
- Around 200 BC BC : The Celts reached their greatest expansion.
- 2nd / 1st century BC BC : The Roman Empire defeats its adversary Carthage , conquers the remaining Diadoch states and dominates the entire Mediterranean area.
- The Tanakh is written.
- In the course of the development of seafaring , sea war also came to land war .
- In the Zhou dynasty (around 1045 to 256 BC), the manufacture of cast iron is dominated in China .
- probably 8th century BC Chr . : Homer , Greek poet
- 6th / 5th century BC BC : Confucius , Chinese philosopher
- 6th century BC Chr .: Cyrus II , founder of the Persian Empire
- 6./5. Century BC Chr .: Buddha , philosopher from South Nepal / North India
- 5th century BC BC: Herodotus , Greek historian and geographer
- 5th / 4th century BC BC : Socrates , Greek philosopher
- 5th / 4th Century BC Chr .: Hippocrates , Greek doctor
- 4th century BC Chr .: Plato , Greek philosopher
- 4th century BC Chr .: Aristotle , Greek philosopher
- 4th century BC Chr .: Alexander the Great , Macedonian king and general
- 3rd century BC BC : Archimedes , Greek mathematician
- 3rd century BC BC: Qin Shihuangdi , founder of the Chinese Empire and builder of the Great Wall of China
- 3rd / 2nd century BC Chr . : Hannibal , Carthaginian general
- 1st century BC BC : Vitruvius , Roman architect and writer
- 1st century BC Chr .: Gaius Iulius Caesar , Roman statesman, general and author