3rd millennium BC Chr.
The 3rd millennium BC Chr. Describes the period from 3000 BC. Until 2000 BC This began in Central Europe from the 22nd century BC. Chr. The Bronze Age , which as far as the 8th century BC. Chr. Was enough.
- Central Europe: End of Neolithic with the archaeological cultures of Cord Ceramics , Bell Beaker Culture , Schönfeld Culture
- 2800-2200 BC Chr .: Cycladic culture .
- End of the Liangzhu culture in China (beginning approx. 3300 BC), followed by the Longshan culture (approx. 3000-2000 BC)
- Approx. 2070 BC BC : Beginning of the Xia dynasty in China (end approx. 1600 BC )
- Around 2640–2160 BC Chr .: Old Kingdom in Egypt ( 3rd - 6th Dynasty).
- Around 2040 BC BC: Beginning of the Middle Kingdom in Egypt through the unification of the empire by Mentuhotep I.
- 2900-2330 BC BC: early Sumerian dynasties.
- Around 2400 BC BC: Awan dynasty in the kingdom of Elam .
- 2800-1800 BC Chr .: Indus culture .
- Foundation of the city of Caral in Peru as the oldest city in America ( 27th century BC )
- Erecting 40m high Silbury Hill in Wiltshire , England , the tallest pre-industrial hill in Europe ( 26th century BC )
- End of the Dawenkou culture in northeast China .
- Kingdom of Elam in Iran .
- Lagaš dynasty in Sumer .
- The heyday of Ur in Mesopotamia (2474–2398 BC)
- First dynasty of Babylon , but does not gain until 2000 BC. Chr. Greater importance.
- 3rd Dynasty (around 2640–2575 BC) and 4th Dynasty (around 2575–2465 BC) in Egypt, beginning of the Old Kingdom (3rd – 6th Dynasty), the pyramid era .
- 2500 BC BC : First settlement in Greenland .
- In the middle of the millennium , proto- Malays , coming from southern China , colonized the Malay Peninsula and Borneo . Today's descendants include the Dayak and Moken .
- Founding of the city of Mari ( Syria ) ( 24th century BC )
- Spread of spherical amphora culture and cord ceramics .
- Indo-Europeans in Greece ( 23rd century BC )
- Middens culture of the Ainu in Japan .
- Bell beaker culture in Spain .
- First voyages of the Egyptians.
- According to the Bible-exegetical calculations of the Irish theologian James Ussher (1581–1656), 2501 BC The flood took place.
- The finds from the family graves of Eulau , from the second half of the 3rd millennium BC. Dated, caused a sensation.
- Ur-nina , legendary king of Lagaš ( 29th century BC )
- Gilgamesh was king of Uruk .
- Meskalamdug was around 2600 BC. BC King of Ur .
- Urukagina was around 2350 BC. King of Lagasch, great reformer, creates the first tablets of the law ( 24th century BC )
- Lugal-Zagesi , King of Uruk and Umma . Conquered Lagasch (2371–2347 BC)
- Sargon of Akkad , founder of the Akkad and Sumer empires (2371–2316 BC)
- Ur-Nammu , founder of the 3rd Dynasty of Ur (2112–2095 BC)
- Presumed lifetime of the Buddha Dipamkara .
- Gudea von Lagaš , most important ruler of the 2nd dynasty of Lagash in Sumer .
- Pharaoh Djoser , (step pyramid of Saqqara), First design of the royal tomb as a pyramid by construction manager Imhotep .
- Pharaoh Cheops in the 4th Dynasty .
- Pharaoh Chephren in the 4th Dynasty.
- Pharaoh Mykerinos in the 4th Dynasty.
- Pharaoh Mentuhotep II (2061–2010 BC, dating uncertain, he may have ruled as early as the 2nd millennium), founder of the Middle Kingdom, new pharaoh's seat in Thebes with the main temple in Karnak .
Inventions and discoveries
- Metrological tables and calculation tables in Mesopotamia .
- Domestication of the horse.
- Construction of the great pyramid of Giza ( 26th century BC )
- Construction of the monumental Sphinx by Pharaoh Chephren .
- First ziggurat in Sumer .
- Developed in China around 2800 BC Chr. The dawenkou culture characters on ceramics.
- The irrigation of rice is cultivated in Southeast Asia , coming from China .
- Origin of the Gilgamesh and Etana myths.