Calendar overview 98
a man from the province becomes
emperor of the Roman Empire for the first time .
over the people of the Germans .
|98 in other calendars|
|Buddhist calendar||641/642 (southern Buddhism); 640/641 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||Year of the earth dog戊戌 ( at the beginning of the year fire rooster 丁酉)|
|Greek calendar||1./2. Year of the 219th Olympiad|
|Jewish calendar||3858/59 (September 14-15)|
|Roman calendar||from urbe condita DCCCLI (851)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 408/409 (April turn of the year); Syria: 409/410 (turn of the year October)|
Politics and world events
- With Trajan , a man from the province becomes the first Roman emperor . He resides in Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium , today's Cologne , and begins in the provinces with inspection trips on the Rhine and Danube .
- Emperor Trajan makes Ladenburg a city ( civitas ).
- The Romans found Sumelocenna, today's Rottenburg am Neckar .
Science and culture
- January 27th : Marcus Cocceius Nerva , Roman Emperor (* around 30 )
- around 98: Marcus Ulpius Traianus , Roman politician and general (* before 30)