Adolf Dronke (born March 7, 1837 in Koblenz , † June 10, 1898 in Bad Neuenahr ) was a German schoolboy. He worked as a mathematics teacher in Bonn , Grevenbroich and Mönchengladbach , then as a grammar school director in Koblenz and Trier . He was the founder of the Eifelverein and its first chairman until his death, from 1888 to 1898. In his memory, the Dronketurm was built on the summit of the Mäuseberg in the Vulkaneifel . From 1891 to 1894 Dronke was in charge of the management of the central committee and thus the chairmanship of the Association of German Tourist Associations. Dronke also wrote a biography of the mathematician and physicist Julius Plücker . He was the father of the later Frankfurt Higher Regional Court President Ernst Dronke .
- Julius Plücker , Professor of Mathematics and Physics at the University of Bonn . Bonn 1871.
- Emil Zenz, Dr. Adolf Dronke - Schulmann and founder of the Eifelverein . - Die Eifel 83 (1988), pp. 10-18.
- Home year book archive of the Ahrweiler district: "100 years in the service of the Eifel"
- Entry on Adolf Dronke in the Rhineland-Palatinate personal database
- Wolfgang Schmid: Adolf Dronke, founder of the Eifelverein (1837-1898) http://www.rheinische-geschichte.lvr.de/persoenitäten/D/Seiten/AdolfDronke.aspx
- Wolfgang Schmid: Obituaries for Adolf Dronke († 1898). Trierer grammar school director, mathematician, botanist and founder of the Eifelverein http://hepeters.bplaced.com/wordpress/?p=3807
- Deutscher Wanderverband (Ed.): "125 years of hiking and more", Michael Imhof Verlag, Petersberg, 2008, ISBN 978-3-86568-221-5 , p. 170
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German schoolboy and founder of the Eifelverein|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 7, 1837|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Koblenz|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 10, 1898|
|Place of death||Bad Neuenahr|